Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 22-10-15, 09:35 PM

wow! That will be quite the monstrous rig that will destroy 2560x1440 gloriously... dare I say even dabble in 4K UHD very nicely too.

I've never splurged on a watercooling build but that would be a lovely build you're putting together.

What kind of tubing are you planning? Acrylic, PETG or something else? I've always been curious about the different types of tubing after watching JayzTwoCents but of course his main complaint about acrylic was cracking which is probably only an issue if the case falls over or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafrost View Post
the original post said white and red but i'm really digging the black and white but it's too close to the one i did in the C70 a 2/3 years ago.
Tbh, why not do a triple color theme? Black white and red? They do blend together quite well... look at OC3D's site where it's black, white, red and gray? It looks slick. Also, the custom sleeved power cables in tri-tone look amazing if you even plan on doing custom sleeves.

Old 22-10-15, 09:44 PM
Compo Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfelock View Post
Either way I'm sure it'll look good. I can't imagine you would be struck down for straying off the original plan but something such as that.
i'll know by tomorrow :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mard View Post

wow! That will be quite the monstrous rig that will destroy 2560x1440 gloriously... dare I say even dabble in 4K UHD very nicely too.

I've never splurged on a watercooling build but that would be a lovely build you're putting together.

What kind of tubing are you planning? Acrylic, PETG or something else? I've always been curious about the different types of tubing after watching JayzTwoCents but of course his main complaint about acrylic was cracking which is probably only an issue if the case falls over or something.

Tbh, why not do a triple color theme? Black white and red? They do blend together quite well... look at OC3D's site where it's black, white, red and gray? It looks slick. Also, the custom sleeved power cables in tri-tone look amazing if you even plan on doing custom sleeves.
thanks dude, would love to game at 4k but for now i'll be shopping for a monitor after christmas

i'll be doing Acrylic for now, but might change.
i might do a triple color theme, still looking into custom sleeves but i think i'll be pushing my luck with time and budget..
Old 23-10-15, 01:03 AM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Looks to be a good build dude. Looking forward to see how it progresses!
Old 23-10-15, 01:31 AM
Bettyswollocks

Excellent pile of hardware and nice opening gambit looking forward to seeing more.
Old 23-10-15, 10:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Looking forward to seeing more !!!
Old 23-10-15, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Hmmm primochill revolver fittings <3

Quick question on how the process of a (semi) sponsored build goes: if I'm correct you have to buy the other hardware beside the case yourself, right? (In this Fractal modding.. Case.. ) Unless you send an email to a certain manufacturer explaining your ideas, show them previous work etc and if they are willing to sponsor the build. It's just because I love building (even though I've only done Nyssa until now ) and I'd find it quite a bummer having to buy hardware yourself in a semi sponsored build for a rig you'll be giving away anyway as you most likely already have a (more than) decent rig.
Old 23-10-15, 10:24 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asperatis View Post
Hmmm primochill revolver fittings <3

Quick question on how the process of a (semi) sponsored build goes: if I'm correct you have to buy the other hardware beside the case yourself, right? (In this Fractal modding.. Case.. ) Unless you send an email to a certain manufacturer explaining your ideas, show them previous work etc and if they are willing to sponsor the build. It's just because I love building (even though I've only done Nyssa until now ) and I'd find it quite a bummer having to buy hardware yourself in a semi sponsored build for a rig you'll be giving away anyway as you most likely already have a (more than) decent rig.

Ive only built one rig but I want to be given free stuff because I dont want to spend my own money.... *sigh*

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 23-10-15, 10:36 AM

The mountain of goodies is delicious!!! Seeing this is no different to me then seeing Smaug's gold piles.
Old 23-10-15, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Ive only built one rig but I want to be given free stuff because I dont want to spend my own money.... *sigh*
Don't take it that way Guv, I was just wondering how the process goes I don't have the time to do this anyway, just being curious here
Old 23-10-15, 02:26 PM
Compo Whore

so let's back on topic, so I am considering a dual loop with two 10w ddc's stacked at the front, do you guys think it'll look busy or messy? or would it be best for a single D5 with a 250ml top? thoughts and opinions guys and girls?