Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 15-04-17, 08:18 AM

I don't really understand any of that I don't really understand how or what makes the monitors work I just I want to good monitor that I can play games on without having to go into the details

Old 15-04-17, 08:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bone_reaper View Post
I don't really understand any of that I don't really understand how or what makes the monitors work I just I want to good monitor that I can play games on without having to go into the details
That is what everyone wants my friend, but the reality is that it ain't that black and white unfortunately. You need to do some research on the monitor(s) you're considering, to see how well they have been received by other people.
Old 15-04-17, 02:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bone_reaper View Post
I have a BenQ XL2730Z, a 1440p/144Hz Freesync TN panel that cost me £350 (which at the time was about €450). It's a very solid panel for the money. The IPS equivalent was £400 but plagued with issues. My BenQ has two dead pixels. That's all that's wrong with it. And two-three dead pixels are not a deal breaker at this resolution as it's very hard to spot them. However any more than that and I'd be a bit annoyed. Past five and I'd consider requesting a refund or replacement. Severe black-light-bleed (some BLB is always going to be a thing with IPS panels) is a deal breaker as it ruins immersion when playing a game like Alien Isolation or Far Cry Blood Dragon, but it's not usually a problem with TN panels. Yellowing in the corners is not acceptable in an IPS panel that snobs tout as 'so much better coz colour accuracy, bro'. Yellowing is also not a common problem with TN. This is why I recommend a cheaper TN panels that have the features you want. I would only recommend IPS or VA if you work with video or photography. The price increase is not worth the risk and potential heartache/headache.

tl;dr: If you want a monitor that just 'works' and allows you to game freely, get a nice £400-500 1440p TN panel. If you work with photography or video, save up and risk an IPS panel.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 25-04-17, 10:00 AM

Hmm, my BenQ worked quite for a relatively long period of time.
Old 29-04-17, 05:36 AM

Or you could wait until the end of 2017 where the Asus rog swift PG27VQ monitor comes out, 27"-165Hz-curved-1m/s response time and quantum dot technology(better colors quality).I was in the same dilemma as you are right now and i decided to wait a bit more!I guess it's price will be more or less the same as the PG279Q.
Old 29-04-17, 08:35 AM

I'm still a n00b around here, but I've been using a Wasabi Mango UHD430 (43" [email protected] monitor) for about a year now and while it's not the best panel on the market, it's been good to me.