Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 11-02-18, 09:08 PM
OC3D Crew

I'd completely forgotten there was a vaping thread on here

Not much changed in the past year for me apart from dropping to 6mg for daily driver (Kayfun and Tesla Nano), and started playing with RDAs again

Ryzen 5 2600X -- Sapphire Nitro RX470 4GB -- 16GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz DDR4
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -- Corsair Force MP300 240GB
Seasonic Focus Gold 750 -- Phanteks P350X
Old 13-02-18, 05:25 PM

been thinking about vaping for a while need to stop these dam filthy fags just never got round to it now alien has mentioned it to me again i think go on i'll give it a shot but where do i start from i just wana get a decent vape not one im gona bin after 2-3 weeks

and oils? or liquids ? what ever you young kids are into these days?
a pack dose last me 24hr or maybe a few more got a feeling my once powerful lungs are now been held together by tar alone

so any suggestions on make/type of contraption i should get one with a decent battery life since i hate charging stuff lol its my pet peeve
Old 13-02-18, 06:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
been thinking about vaping for a while need to stop these dam filthy fags just never got round to it now alien has mentioned it to me again i think go on i'll give it a shot but where do i start from i just wana get a decent vape not one im gona bin after 2-3 weeks

and oils? or liquids ? what ever you young kids are into these days?
a pack dose last me 24hr or maybe a few more got a feeling my once powerful lungs are now been held together by tar alone

so any suggestions on make/type of contraption i should get one with a decent battery life since i hate charging stuff lol its my pet peeve
Get a good starter kit. One that isn't going to keep failing on you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Authentic-K...70_&dpSrc=srch

Two packs of coils.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KangerTech-...70_&dpSrc=srch

You will know when they need replacing as it will either do nothing or taste like burning cotton.

Then you need some nicotine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-2-72MG-...5WoRXUWo7FdsTg

Get 100ml PG based. Then you need a 20ml syringe and needle. I will explain this at the bottom.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sterile-1...99r46Wu_totU3w

OK. What you then do is pick a liquid. MAKE SURE it is 100ml or the mixture will be messed up. I get mine here.

https://www.gourmeteliquid.co.uk/

But it will all depend on your tastes. Just make sure it is 100ml. You can get cheap ones. I alternate between very expensive and cheap so I can still taste the stuff.

*METHOD* READ CAREFULLY.

Listen, be careful with the nicotine. Keep it well away from kids and try not to get it on your skin.

Take your bottle of liquid (not nicotine). Take your 20ml syringe and draw it full of nicotine. Cut the liquid bottle's tip until the hypodermic syringe fits into the bottle. You want it right in. Take syringe full of nicotine liquid and inject 20ml into the 100ml bottle, giving you a total of 120ml. That will equal about 20mg of nicotine by volume, which is where you want to START. You can then start dropping it as you feel safe doing. Now put the lid back on and give the bottle a ruddy good shake. I am not talking 10 seconds I am talking a couple of minutes. If you don't? your first vape will be pretty much all nicotine and you may well pass out (I've been close lol). It's powerful stuff !

And that is about it really. Just make sure you keep it charged and you are laughing.

Edit. In a couple of days I am due to mix up a batch. I will do a video showing you the method. You also need paper towels or just bog roll, you will see why in the video I make for you.

Old 13-02-18, 06:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Further information..

1-3 months. You may still crave the odd cigarette here and there. You may also display flu symptoms. Ignore them, you are fine. You will still quite like the smell of cigarettes burning. Toward the end of the first 3 months you may well start coughing up brown stuff. Again, ignore it. It's just your lungs clearing out after years of abuse.

NOTE THIS IS A GRAPHIC PICTURE. IF YOU ARE EASILY GROSSED OUT DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK.

https://i.imgur.com/F79rda0.jpg

That went on for months. Every now and then I would feel it coming, have a nice deep roar and hock it up. That is what you've been doing to yourself for X years.

3-6 months. You will start getting your taste back. You will be amazed how good food tastes, how strong things like onions taste and etc. You will also notice how disgusting smoking items smell. Ash trays, cig butts etc. You will also start to feel like you can breathe about a thousand times better.

6 months to 1yr. You will wonder how the f**k you ever put those rotten, vile smelling things in your mouth. If you sit next to a smoker you will smell it, they smell like ash trays. It is disgusting. I remember sitting next to a chav at the doctor's in Corfe Mullen (Dorset) thinking "F**k me this guy stinks". You will also notice your sex life (if you have one of course) will erm, how do I say it? improve. Yeah, let me just say that and leave it there.

After about 18 months you will be back to who you were before you started smoking. But you will hate it, the smell, even the smell of a "being smoked" cigarette. I used to love that smell, now it just makes me want to friggin puke.

Old 13-02-18, 07:26 PM

yup sounds like gona give it a try gona go tomorrow see if they got any of them down town if not then i'll grab one of amazon

whats the best flav to get dont want nothing over powering just something plane for now in-case i get one and it puts me off
Old 13-02-18, 07:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
yup sounds like gona give it a try gona go tomorrow see if they got any of them down town if not then i'll grab one of amazon

whats the best flav to get dont want nothing over powering just something plane for now in-case i get one and it puts me off
It's down to you fella. Some people like coffee (boak) some love menthol (cold nose boak). I personally like sweet things. Fruit, mainly. I vape water melon, grape (proper American faux grape lol) and so on.

This one though, dear god..

https://www.gourmeteliquid.co.uk/pro...nt=48941590282

Is absolutely orgasmic lmao. It tastes like proper, straight out of hot peanut oil donuts (you know the ones you get at the seaside? well those!) covered in that cheap chocolate you get on chocolate donuts. It's incredible. As I said though, it needs to be your thing. Also, do note that dark sticky liquids burn out coils faster, but that is here nor there.

Within a year you will be a rich man I swear. My ex wife and I used to do at least one pack of Superking Black a day and sometimes another one between us. So sometimes we were spunking £30 almost *a day*. £30 is enough to keep you vaping on the best vape for about 3 weeks or a month. Let me look at when I bought this sour worms..

OK. Since December the 16th I have been through two bottles. So what is that? £45 for two months. Nicotine cost me two shots (40ml) out of 100ml that cost me a tenner so that is about £50. I have probably spent a tenner on coils so £60.

For two months. And that is the most expensive vape you can buy (it's imported from the USA). You can get cheaper than that though.

https://www.gourmeteliquid.co.uk/pro...t=961052409866

And they do that in pretty much every flavour you can think of.

So yeah, less than a quid a day. About 1/9th of what you are spending now, and easy to make 1/10th.

Old 13-02-18, 08:11 PM
OC3D Elite

OK guide to making strong Eliquid. Back in the days before May 2017 you could buy 24mg and 28mg ready mixed Eliquid. However, the EU being the C words that they are decided that they would mess with everything and change it for no god damned reason. Really annoying things like - "Sorry, you can no longer have a tank that holds more than 2ml of Eliquid !" and so on. They also said that you can not buy Eliquid any stronger than 3mg. You will never quit smoking on 3mg. You would need the cig surgically attached to your body to give up smoking on that. Hence, 72mg nicotine. It is not legal to sell for vaping, but it is legal to sell regardless. They can not stop that. So, here is what you do.

Firstly, as I said, buy a 100ml bottle of vape. It will come in a 120ml bottle, there is a good reason for that. Now, I have encountered a few different types in my time, but I stick with two mainly now. Some sites will try and sell you mixing bottles for an extra quid or two F that dude. Don't waste your cash.

OK, so this is my latest vape here. I am about 2/3 of the way through it now I will be ordering more next week. Any way, this comes with a spout that is not removable.

However, if you look up close you will get the game I use.

I have cut off some of the spout with a scalpel. Why would I do that you may ask? because then I can do this...

That is a hypodermic needle dummy (it's blunt) they are pennies on Ebay. OK, so here is what you don't do. DO NOT try and suck the nicotine through that needle. Eliquid is generally quite thick. PG based Eliquid (I will cover that at the end) is slightly thinner than VG liquid. As I said, I will explain what they are and the benefits/cons of them later.

So firstly lay out some paper towels on your desk. Please trust me, do this. Eliquid is sticky and messy. If you spill it you will make a nice sticky mess. These are the "tools" I use for mixing. Those and a scalpel and some paper towels are all you need.

Now as I said, you can not suck the nicotine up through the needle. What will happen is you will pull so hard the syringe will come apart inside, rendering it useless. Here is my nicotine.

The bottle in the middle? good ! the bottle to the right? bad. Here is why. The easiest way to get the nicotine out is to have the ability to basically stick the entire sodding syringe into the nico bottle. Like this.

You only need it in deep enough to reach liquid. Make sure it stays submerged, or you will get a load of air in there. Once you do that and remove the full syringe from the bottle wipe down the body of the syringe with a paper towel and discard it.

Then, you simply slot the syringe into the needle, press it down and start pushing. HOLD THE BOTTLE FIRM or it will go over.

Keep pushing until the syringe is empty. Now, go to the nearest sink and wash it out and in with warm water. You don't need to throw it away, that would be a waste. To clean the "needle" just fill up the sink with warm water and suck/empty a few times. Then pat it dry and set aside.

Then just replace the lid and shake the absolute crap out of it for about two minutes. Like you would a can of spray paint.

And that's it, bingo bongo 20mg 120ml of liquid.

Now here is the other type.

Note - plain screw on lid and drip tip lid. You don't need to cut these, just take off the lid lid and squirt in the nicotine (you don't even need the needle tbh) then replace the lid lid, shake the crap out of it and then put on the drip tip lid.

OK.

PG - propelene glycol. This stuff is water based, so do expect some water to come running out of your nose. Don't worry, you don't have a cold. It's mildly annoying BUT it vapes into big wonderful fluffy clouds. Something you will become rather fond of. It is also used in Asthma pumps and food.

VG - vegetable glycol. This stuff is thicker than PG and vapes less. However, it lasts a lot longer in vaping time. The downside of this is big sticky "greenies" but they are not green they are like a yellowish colour. Because of this (and the fact that I naturally have a very dry nose) I have switched to PG for all of my vaping. I really didn't like hocking up loogies all of the time.

BTW final notes.. I may add to this.

If you get a skinny bottle of Eliquid then just buy a bottle with a larger neck/opening. You don't ever need to replace it (I am keeping the bigger one) just wash it out when empty, dry and then pour in other bottles.

Old 13-02-18, 08:37 PM
OC3D Crew

I wouldn't recommend 20mg strength eliquid in the tank from the kit you linked.

20mg is a good place for smokers to start for "Mouth to Lung" vaping, but that tank has no airflow control and comes with a subohm coil designed for direct lung inhales.

I know it costs more but personally I think something like this would be better suited, unless scubasteve would prefer a direct inhale style vape.

Also, you can still buy eliquid in 20mg strength, however liquids containing nicotine are restricted to 10ml bottles and it really isn't cost effective, hence the prevalence of "short-fills" designed for you to purchase nicotine shots and add them yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
PG - propelene glycol. This stuff is water based, so do expect some water to come running out of your nose. Don't worry, you don't have a cold. It's mildly annoying BUT it vapes into big wonderful fluffy clouds. Something you will become rather fond of. It is also used in Asthma pumps and food.

VG - vegetable glycol. This stuff is thicker than PG and vapes less. However, it lasts a lot longer in vaping time. The downside of this is big sticky "greenies" but they are not green they are like a yellowish colour. Because of this (and the fact that I naturally have a very dry nose) I have switched to PG for all of my vaping. I really didn't like hocking up loogies all of the time.
Not trying to be an ass, but you have these the wrong way around. The VG is actually what gives you the "clouds". Also worth adding that some people are sensitive to PG

Ryzen 5 2600X -- Sapphire Nitro RX470 4GB -- 16GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz DDR4
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -- Corsair Force MP300 240GB
Seasonic Focus Gold 750 -- Phanteks P350X
Old 13-02-18, 08:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
I wouldn't recommend 20mg strength eliquid in the tank from the kit you linked.

20mg is a good place for smokers to start for "Mouth to Lung" vaping, but that tank has no airflow control and comes with a subohm coil designed for direct lung inhales.

I know it costs more but personally I think something like this would be better suited, unless scubasteve would prefer a direct inhale style vape.

Also, you can still buy eliquid in 20mg strength, however liquids containing nicotine are restricted to 10ml bottles and it really isn't cost effective, hence the prevalence of "short-fills" designed for you to purchase nicotine shots and add them yourself.
Yeah I am not up on those sort of tanks tbh. I do have a sub ohm tank but it doesn't seem to produce any vape, just a very strong flavour. That is why I am using coils that came from 5 years ago and tanks to match.

Old 13-02-18, 08:51 PM

yer i was just watching some vids and thinking wot the bloody hell is this mouth to lung , mouth to wot ever lol if its anything to do with how you suck on it i would deffo prefer it to give me the kinda suction a drag of a fag would so it wont feel to alien (disclaimer - do not wish to feel up alienALX) to

iv found 4 shops near me that i reckon if i venture to the outer world tomorrow will be where i will buy from quick better than waiting for amazon to deliver to this rock

if anyone's interested check them and see which mod (see already learning the jargon) is best cos not seen any of them proposed to me earlier cos dont wana go in there and get sold untold crap i have no use for

http://www.my-ecigshop.com/avp/box-mod

http://justvape.eu/products/vape-kits-vape-tanks/

http://electrovape.eu/mods.html?price=-100

http://www.liquidpuff.com/product-category/mods/

i can see this starting to be expensive which will not bode well with that woman who also lives here and also knows better than me every single time