Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 24-07-14, 10:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Sony Xperia Z3 images

Twitter user @Evleaks has recently posted two new images, which appear to be the shell/casing of the new Sony Xperia Z3. He also added

Meaning that the phone will more than likely run a quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC @ 2.4GHz with 3GB of RAM and 16GB ROM. It will also feature a 5.15" full HD screen which is ever so slightly smaller than the 5.2" display on the Xperia Z2.

Source: @Evleaks

---------------------------

Motorola to sell 'tattoos' to unlock your Moto X

Motorola has announced a 'digital tattoo' that lets you unlock your Moto X device without using a code. You just hold the phone against the chip and it unlocks itself.

The tattoo is actually an rfid-chip that works together with an app on the phone. When the chip and phone come in contact, using NFC, the phone will automatically unlock.

There are some drawbacks however, the chip can only be used for 5 days, after that you need a new one. Motorola has stated that they will sell the chips in batches of 10, for $10. Meaning that you can use one package for almost 2 months (5 x 10 = 50 days) and you'll end up paying slighty more than $5 dollars a month for this feature.

The tattoo is not compatible with the Moto G and Moto E devices, as they do not support NFC.

Source: Motorola Blog
Both of these are very interesting Im still using my Z and love it best phone Ive owned to date I think so I'd go a Z3 if I could

NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 25-07-14, 12:39 AM
OC3D Elite

GOOGLE has bought out Twitch for 1 Billion

Quote:
Google has signed a deal to buy game-livestreaming firm Twitch for $1 billion, confirmed sources familiar with the matter.
We don’t know everything about this deal, such as when it will be announced and the exact purchase price. We do know that Twitch investors who participated in past rounds are pleased that they will be getting significant returns that are multiple times the amount they originally invested. The deal underscores the value of live Internet streaming and the rise of competitive gaming as a spectator sport — something that draws millions of viewers, can offer prize pools that surpass pro golf’s marquee events, and provides a multibillion dollar opportunity for advertisers.
Google and Twitch declined comment. Both companies happen to be speaking at our GamesBeat 2014 event in September. This deal was first cited by unnamed sources from Variety said back in May that Google had made an all-cash offer and that the deal could be announced soon.
Google’s YouTube division is reportedly in charge of the acquisition, which would represent a significant transformation of YouTube’s business. Google acquired YouTube in 2006 for $1.65 billion.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/24/go...-video-empire/

Well,that is the end of twitch.
Old 25-07-14, 06:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Free Game Giveaway on PCGamer: GTR Evolution

Yep, no catch, just head over to the link provided, follow the instructions and you should get a free Steam key for GTR Evolution.

Here's one for whoever grabs it first, because I took two by accident:

BN4IE-3N50W-LTDHW

Link to the giveaway:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/23/free-steam-key/

Old 25-07-14, 07:56 AM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post
GOOGLE has bought out Twitch for 1 Billion

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/24/go...-video-empire/

Well,that is the end of twitch.
Hardly. Twitch has crappy infrastructure and now that they can use google's as well it hopefully means less issues with twitch. I believe they don't want to touch twitch and instead want to learn from it.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 26-07-14, 10:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Wikipedia blocks US Congress from editing

Wikipedia blocks US Congress from editing

Thursday, July 24th, Wikipedia administrators have decided to block all IP addresses coming from the US Congress from making changes to Wikipedia articles after one or multiple anonymous user(s) persistently kept posting 'disrupting edits'.

The edits were made to articles about politicians and businesses, but also the page about the assassination on former US president John F. Kennedy. A biography article about former US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld was edited to state that he was an "alien lizard who eats Mexican babies".

One staffer stated that they were all being banned for the "actions of two or three". This is not the first time that this happened. IP addresses from the House of Representatives have been banned before, when similar edits were being made. It also happened in the UK; When the BBC discovered that the phrase "all Muslims are terrorists" was added to an article about veils, by users of UK government computers.

The recent edits were discovered when an automated twitter account, @congressedits, which automatically tweets whenever a member of the US government edits a Wikipedia article, brought to light that changes were being made.

A few of the edits:

1- The page about the assassination of John F. Kennedy was alltered to say that Lee Harvey Oswald was "acting on behalf of the regime of Fidel Castro".

2- The article about the moon landing conspiracy theories was edited to say that "they were promoted by the Cuban government".

3- Nataliya Vitrenko's, a Ukrainian politician, page was changed to claim that she was "a Russian puppet".

The edit that brought Wikipedia administrators to finally ban anonymous edits from Congress was made on the entry of media news site Mediaite, stating that the blog was "sexist transphobic" and "they automatically assume that someone is male without any evidence". Mediaite had published an article about rogue edits from congressional computers in the past.

The ban will be lifted after 10 days.

Source: BBC News

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 30-07-14, 03:40 PM
Resident Newb

Not really news news but I think Corsair are making darth vaders tie fighter into their next case

Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 30-07-14, 04:09 PM

Nvidia experimenting with Cascading Displays to fake higher resolutions.
Old 31-07-14, 12:25 AM
Bettyswollocks

Assassins Creed Unity & Far Cry 4 now available for pre-order on Steam ;-)

Old 31-07-14, 12:58 AM
too many shrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Assassins Creed Unity & Far Cry 4 now available for pre-order on Steam ;-)

ugh ubisoft at it again with pre order stuff that should just be in the fecking game anyway
Old 01-08-14, 02:05 AM
OC3D Elite

It would appear that the rumors about Gamescom had the general gist correct because the GTX 880 is set for a paper launch in mid-september in an Nvidia hosted event. The information comes from the reliable Videocardz.com and fits in with the overall scheme of things that we have been hearing about. The actual launch and the time when you can get your hands on the GTX 880 is Late September or Early October, approximately the same time frame which we revealed to you one week back.Maxwell-GTX-880-

Nvidia Geforce GTX 880 Paper Launching in Mid September – Actual Launch by Early October

Lets start with the facts first. You would recall that we originally gave you an Oct/Nov timeframe for the GTX 880, something we later narrowed down to Early October. This timeframe has now been confirmed by VCZ’s mole as well. We also told you that the GTX 870 will be landing in Early October as well with the GTX 860 following in Late October. Though VCZ’s mole failed to mention this, it is none the less true. The rest of the things mentioned have already been revealed by us before, so I wont go into much detail there. It would appear that initially the GTX 880 is going to ship with just 4GB of GDDR5 memory with the 8GB configurations shipping later (and costing more ofcourse).

While VCZ speculates at a price of $450-$400, unless Nvidia has suddenly developed a very charitable heart, we would speculate at a price of around $499. Nvidia has followed this tactic since the G92 for flagship cards. Unless ofcourse, there is something drastically different this time. Which, could be the fact that the GTX 880, the apparent flagship, is only a placeholder for the real flagship to come. VC also states that the GTX 880 is set to replace the GTX 770 (this does not mean that the GTX 880 is equivalent in power to the 770 contrary to popular belief) so that leaves the GTX 780 and GTX 780 Ti to be replaced by the GM200. In that case a cheap GTX 880 would make sense. However, since we don’t have any authenticated leaks in the performance department we will leave that till the time comes.
Source http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-g...nding-october/
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE