Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 18-06-19, 07:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
This is something I can get behind haha

is Wales really that bad?
Probably not in some places, but where I grew up. Yes. It was a minor factor in me leaving. No disrespect to the Welsh, but sometimes, their dialect and laziness in how they speak or type scares me that this is how people are raised now.

Go to Cardiff (the capital) and it's different. Maybe because people are very diverse there. But my home town is atrocious.

Old 18-06-19, 09:22 AM
Resident Newb

Specs of the rig aren't too crazy, Just the GPU, They quite likely just used the RTX Titan to make sure there would be no issues, I can't see it needing that to be maxed out, With no RT effects that is.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 18-06-19, 09:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Specs of the rig aren't too crazy, Just the GPU, They quite likely just used the RTX Titan to make sure there would be no issues, I can't see it needing that to be maxed out, With no RT effects that is.
Yeah I agree. If you are show casing a new product you want it smooth. But at the same time, you dont want such detail to be unobtainable by the main stream user, so there has to be a balance.

I would say aside from the GPU, the specs on the pc are pretty mainstream or average.
Old 18-06-19, 10:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Do we know there was no RT in the demo footage shown?

Tbf Warchild in parts of rural north Wales they'd probably consider you lazy for not speaking Welsh. Can't really get at them when in the really rural areas English isn't their preferred language, all my friends from Cardiff say they're shamed by their northern relatives for barely understanding it. But yeah Cardiff centre is really diverse, but once you go a few miles out to the valleys, like where my mum grew up in Merthyr, that summation of how they speak becomes pretty accurate.
Old 18-06-19, 10:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post

Tbf Warchild in parts of rural north Wales they'd probably consider you lazy for not speaking Welsh. Can't really get at them when in the really rural areas English isn't their preferred language, all my friends from Cardiff say they're shamed by their northern relatives for barely understanding it. But yeah Cardiff centre is really diverse, but once you go a few miles out to the valleys, like where my mum grew up in Merthyr, that summation of how they speak becomes pretty accurate.
I am French though, so would be a little surprised if they thought me lazy for not speaking their language

My brothers accent is so strong now I need subtitles to show under his chin whenever he speaks so I can understand 50% of what he is saying.
Old 18-06-19, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post

I was born and have lived on the edge of the South Wales valleys for over 30 years. I even went to school and college up the Ebbw valley. There are certainly some who can be a little difficult to understand but I'd say it is no worse than any other thick accent in the UK. I'm considered a little strange as I have no accent and have on more than one occasion been asked if I was from England.

As to Cardiff, spend any significant time in the bay and you'll discover that there is a remarkable number of welsh speakers all shoehorned in around the Senedd.

As to the specs, they just wanted to be certain the game was going to be shown in it's best light. Slightly surprised the 8700k wasn't a 9900k for good measure.

Old 18-06-19, 01:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah when I moved to Birmingham none of the people from the south at my uni could understand me for a while, similarly any guys around from the black country may as well have been speaking a different language, the sharp contrast in accents & dialects is all down to population density. Apparently black country dialect is the closest to old English though, with formal "queens English" being a much more recent and concentrated off-shoot.

Yeah true I'd guess if they did use RT that'd be a 9900K just incase.