Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 08-07-19, 10:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
This is part of the reason why game performance testing is hard. A lot of effort goes into my performance reviews to ensure that my benchmark scenes are representative of most of the game.

You'd be surprised how many games have scenes that heavily favour one brand or the other. One example is a test scene I had in Rage 2 that hated Pascal but loved Radeon and Turing.
Oh don't worry mate I know all about that, the same thing happens with CPU's some programs/games like core clock others cores/threads, and I hope you didn't think I was questioning your integrity as I know how honest this site is, it's why it's my favorite
I just noticed a bigger difference than usual and thought there may be an underlying reason like drivers, as GN reported massive issues with the drivers sent by AMD.
And also to let new viewers know that just because there's a difference it's not always down to funny buggers!

NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 09-07-19, 07:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Shame some tech tubers don't feel that a card providing close to or the same performance and come in £100 cheaper as being a good deal.
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 09-07-19, 08:39 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Shame some tech tubers don't feel that a card providing close to or the same performance and come in £100 cheaper as being a good deal.
It's not with the stock cooler. Nobody wants a jet engine that runs at 90C most of the time.

Although if you want to water cool its a no brainer.

The card is impressive especially power consumption which I feel like most people didn't care to say much about but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better now and I would say competitive. 7nm really helped AMD there.
Old 09-07-19, 09:10 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Oh don't worry mate I know all about that, the same thing happens with CPU's some programs/games like core clock others cores/threads, and I hope you didn't think I was questioning your integrity as I know how honest this site is, it's why it's my favorite
I just noticed a bigger difference than usual and thought there may be an underlying reason like drivers, as GN reported massive issues with the drivers sent by AMD.
And also to let new viewers know that just because there's a difference it's not always down to funny buggers!
Don't worry man. I didn't see your post as an attack on my integrity.

That said, I do find it annoying when I see sites or YouTubers select a scene that's within the first 30 or so minutes of a game and then call it representative of the entire experience. Makes things come across as a rush job to me.
Old 09-07-19, 09:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Don't worry man. I didn't see your post as an attack on my integrity.

That said, I do find it annoying when I see sites or YouTubers select a scene that's within the first 30 or so minutes of a game and then call it representative of the entire experience. Makes things come across as a rush job to me.
I hear ya mate!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 14-07-19, 05:22 PM

It would be cool if all graphs included all the same GPUs. For example, some graphs include the 1080 Ti and others don't. It's a little frustrating.
Old 15-07-19, 09:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalTitan View Post
It would be cool if all graphs included all the same GPUs. For example, some graphs include the 1080 Ti and others don't. It's a little frustrating.
Yeah given how 1080ti performs and how its still a valid go to card today, its strange not to see it.

I can understand a point where older generations will drop out of favour e.g. 980, but games change and become more demanding so older cards become a little moot.

The 1080ti however is still a good contender so unless its dropped in favour of consistent RT testing then we should continue to see it.
Old 15-07-19, 11:08 AM
OC3D Elite

I'm guessing they don't test every new game with older cards from before that games release though, seems like they already got their work cut out for them as it is.