Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > OS & Apps
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 24-10-17, 08:21 PM
Dooles Dooles is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Slow MacBook Air

Hi guys!
My Mac became so slow, even don't why... What can be the reason?

MacBook Air, early 2015

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-10-17, 09:17 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,740
It is probably throttling. Clean out any fans it has if any. Check you are not full on the hard drive etc.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-10-17, 06:35 PM
Dooles Dooles is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
It's a simple question...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-10-17, 07:11 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooles View Post
It's a simple question...
Yeah sorry man I forgot to tell you your ram is dead. How do I know? because as you say, its' a simple question when you are clairvoyant like me.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-10-17, 07:11 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooles View Post
It's a simple question...
And you got a simple logical answer.
__________________
Steam: Dicehunter
Origin: Dicehunter
Uplay: Dicehunter
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-10-17, 10:36 PM
NickOmega's Avatar
NickOmega NickOmega is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cannock, West Mids
Posts: 664
Planned obsolescence... A friendly reminder from Apple that it's time to empty your wallet again.
__________________
My Twitch Channel

Ryzen 5 2600X -- EVGA GTX 1070 SC -- 16GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz DDR4
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -- Corsair Force MP300 240GB
Seasonic Focus Gold 750 -- Phanteks P350X

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26-10-17, 04:37 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOmega View Post
Planned obsolescence... A friendly reminder from Apple that it's time to empty your wallet again.
This is pretty spot on, My little brother has had his macbook air since 2008, Never installed anything on it, Used it just for basic things i.e word processing etc... and it's gotten incredibly slow even with maintenance etc...

Apples stuff does indeed have a shelf life from my own experience.
__________________
Steam: Dicehunter
Origin: Dicehunter
Uplay: Dicehunter
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26-10-17, 04:54 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
This is pretty spot on, My little brother has had his macbook air since 2008, Never installed anything on it, Used it just for basic things i.e word processing etc... and it's gotten incredibly slow even with maintenance etc...

Apples stuff does indeed have a shelf life from my own experience.
Even worse with their phones. Dead after 1 year... can't even last an upgrade cycle without replacing battery etc
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26-10-17, 12:00 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Even worse with their phones. Dead after 1 year... can't even last an upgrade cycle without replacing battery etc
This is the reason I only ever buy cheap phones with no touch display, Internet etc.... for $20, They more often than not last a lot longer and do exactly everything a phone is meant to do, Phone
__________________
Steam: Dicehunter
Origin: Dicehunter
Uplay: Dicehunter
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-17, 01:22 PM
Casmo Casmo is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
There are plenty of tips on how to clean MacBook Air on the internet. For example, free up some space on your Mac (delete all the useless files, apps, movies etc). Another reason can be too many background programs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.