Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-12-19, 02:01 PM
News Guru

Microsoft reveals the Xbox Series X's hardware specs

How powerful is the Xbox Series X?

Read more about Microsoft's Xbox Series X console.

Old 13-12-19, 02:14 PM
Old N Gold

Serious stuff. This could be the first time in decades where buying a console against a PC hardware-wise wouldn't be too dissimilar.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 13-12-19, 02:25 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Serious stuff. This could be the first time in decades where buying a console against a PC hardware-wise wouldn't be too dissimilar.
Interesting implications for Next-Gen RDNA too. VRS and Hardware raytracing. Also another sign that performance/TFLOP will also increase. Great news for AMD.
Old 13-12-19, 03:03 PM
OC3D Elite

It's beautiful. Like a really sexy and really expensive itx pc.

Deffo getting.

Old 13-12-19, 04:01 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Doubt it'll be the most powerful. Both will be using Zen2 and RDNA.

Gonna be a repeat of this gen. Hardly a difference. Going to come down to the games. And Sony has far surpassed Xbox here.
Old 13-12-19, 04:04 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't think the CPU will matter much. The 1x has a crap slow CPU but does ok.

Old 13-12-19, 04:20 PM
News Guru

A lot can still come down to hardware design and specs differences. The PS4 was helped a lot by its stronger graphics and use of GDDR5 memory. MS made a mistake investing in ESRAM and fewer GPU cores/stream processors with GDDR5.

With the Xbox One X, Microsoft did a lot of things that Sony didn't with the PS4 Pro. A lot could still come down to customisations, baseline specifications and other factors. I can see Microsoft being smarter with the hardware design this time.

Yes, PS4 did have the best exclusives, but Sony also had the strongest console, which give them a lot of good press at launch. If all multi-platform games look better on one console, it will help that console get sales.

TBH I don't know who will win next-gen, but Microsoft is setting themselves up well with Backwards compatibility, Xbox Game Pass and hardware like the adaptive controller. They have set themselves up as the "good guys" moving into next-gen.
Old 13-12-19, 04:33 PM
OC3D Elite

What it looks like doesn't matter to me.

Sony's front end is terrible. I put my white PS4 slim to work at my mother's but so much is missing from the store that it's not even a good media unit.

With the prices no doubt going up I expect more than just a gaming device. And when it comes to OS, even though it's had some hiccups Microsoft win with their store and very clean os.

And it could literally come down to that. If it looks hideous I'd simply hide it lol.

Old 13-12-19, 04:55 PM
OC3D Elite

By the time they release it hardware will probably be behind the PC. They can cope for some time with software optimizations. What they need to do is to shorten the release cycle. It needs to be 3 not 7 years. If AMD keeps pushing like they are now, Intel gets their baring right, and in 2 years we could possibly have 3 GPU competitors.... In 7 years this console hardware would be like Game Boy is to today's computers.
Old 13-12-19, 05:41 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
A lot can still come down to hardware design and specs differences. The PS4 was helped a lot by its stronger graphics and use of GDDR5 memory. MS made a mistake investing in ESRAM and fewer GPU cores/stream processors with GDDR5.

With the Xbox One X, Microsoft did a lot of things that Sony didn't with the PS4 Pro. A lot could still come down to customisations, baseline specifications and other factors. I can see Microsoft being smarter with the hardware design this time.

Yes, PS4 did have the best exclusives, but Sony also had the strongest console, which give them a lot of good press at launch. If all multi-platform games look better on one console, it will help that console get sales.

TBH I don't know who will win next-gen, but Microsoft is setting themselves up well with Backwards compatibility, Xbox Game Pass and hardware like the adaptive controller. They have set themselves up as the "good guys" moving into next-gen.
The difference in power was not the factor for winning.

It came down to MS being anti-consumer, or at least moreso, then Sony. Sony was so far pro-consumer and the ability to share games with other accounts on your console, it singlehandedly won the generation. MS fixed that but to late.

It was NOT down the fact Ps4 could do 1080p30 vs 900p30. It was merely a plus over the best feature Sony offered.

Games didn't help win Sony the generation until a few years and MS released poor IP and just gave up. Again Sony won the moment Xbox finished it's initial reveal a few months later. It had it on price, game share, and power(again for cheaper). The internet exploded with rage at MS after that reveal. All Sony had to do was not screw it up, sit quiet, and release the cheaper console.

It'll come down to both consoles doing 4k60 and the minor graphic difference in terms of visual eye candy.

What will win this gen is who does more outside of the graphics department, most importantly games. Sony already has 100m PS4 units sold and TONS of IP that was successful. That momentum shouldn't be underestimated. However if that all Sony brings to the table it will be 50/50 if they are more successful. If MS blow it out of the water on other nongaming features, it'll be a tough sell.

Of course, it all depends on the price.