Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 20-07-20, 01:12 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm on my 2nd Rift S Oculus decided to do a software and firmware update the other month and bricked a load of HMD'S in the process.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 22-07-20, 04:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The res difference is absolutely miniscule, 4.6MP Index vs 4.8MP Cosmos, If you can tell the difference between them then you sir need to start working as a neuro surgeon ASAP
You were right. The difference is noticeable but small. Clearly I have no use for the Cosmos anymore. The 120hz just seals the deal. I don't even notice the FOV difference, but the frames.. just wow!

Going on sale asap. But going to keep the Rift, because well... its the product that started it all.
Old 22-07-20, 04:56 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
You were right. The difference is noticeable but small. Clearly I have no use for the Cosmos anymore. The 120hz just seals the deal. I don't even notice the FOV difference, but the frames.. just wow!

Going on sale asap. But going to keep the Rift, because well... its the product that started it all.

I honestly couldn't see the difference in Elite Dangerous or Euro Truck Sim 2 when it came to res but glad you like it, The touch controllers are simply amazing especially in Half Life Alyx.

Old 22-07-20, 06:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I honestly couldn't see the difference in Elite Dangerous or Euro Truck Sim 2 when it came to res but glad you like it, The touch controllers are simply amazing especially in Half Life Alyx.
I could see variations. But my advantage perhaps is that since I still owned my cosmos I could try one after the other so its fresh in my mind. Its the same as monitors though, and something I have always stuck with... FPS refresh > graphical fidelity, and the same applies here. 90 vs 120 are just two different worlds in immersion. I can't wait to see if I can get Ashards Wrath operational via revive.

Regardless though, you are definitely correct that I no longer have a need for it. I am really tempted to invest in another base station for full 360.

Beat saber 360 mode is incredibly fun. Might even be useful when ED planet walking is finally release for VR.
Old 22-07-20, 07:49 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
I could see variations. But my advantage perhaps is that since I still owned my cosmos I could try one after the other so its fresh in my mind. Its the same as monitors though, and something I have always stuck with... FPS refresh > graphical fidelity, and the same applies here. 90 vs 120 are just two different worlds in immersion. I can't wait to see if I can get Ashards Wrath operational via revive.

Regardless though, you are definitely correct that I no longer have a need for it. I am really tempted to invest in another base station for full 360.

Beat saber 360 mode is incredibly fun. Might even be useful when ED planet walking is finally release for VR.

I am soooo looking forward to ED's next expansion, Sadly FDev have said VR will not be supported with space legs at launch but added later.

Old 23-07-20, 06:57 PM
Resident Newb

3D printed face-plate from WYP arrived, Cleaned up, Polished for an hour, Looks good IMO.

Old 23-07-20, 09:44 PM
OC3D Elite

How are you coping with the single base station? still working out ok?
Old 24-07-20, 12:16 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
How are you coping with the single base station? still working out ok?

Completely fine as I'm not doing room scale, I'll get a 2nd though in a month or 2 for whenever my knuckles arrive so I have more precise tracking.

Old 24-07-20, 09:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Completely fine as I'm not doing room scale, I'll get a 2nd though in a month or 2 for whenever my knuckles arrive so I have more precise tracking.
im thinking of an extra one too for the rear. I love the power cable length. Also no need to set them up unlike the old rift sensors.

You are going to love the knuckles. I have been having fun with Audica at the moment. Just a shame alot of the good games dont support them still.

I expect you to die is hilariously fun. Just a shame the knuckles are not supported yet.
Old 26-07-20, 05:15 PM
OC3D Elite

So excited I could explode.

Four feckin months I been waiting for this day !!!!!!

If you don't like what I post don't read it.