Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 02-09-20, 02:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
just curious what you are bencmarking exactly. I just see the corner of a black screen?

and you seem to get 50fps more than any other review, including OC3D own benchmarks on the same settings.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/..._pc_analysis/4

There you go. I'm hitting FPS that apparently that article says are not possible. It can only be one thing, the game has been improved.

Everything is on and as high as it will go.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 02-09-20, 02:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I think you are forgetting the 240/360hz monitor race.
Oh yeah I am not disputing it will have its uses. I just don't think 4k is one of them.

Old 02-09-20, 02:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Oh yeah I am not disputing it will have its uses. I just don't think 4k is one of them.
yeah, as I said before. I have no care for 4k. I think 1440p is beautiful enough. Id rather have 1440 and push those higher frames.
Old 02-09-20, 02:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
yeah, as I said before. I have no care for 4k. I think 1440p is beautiful enough. Id rather have 1440 and push those higher frames.
Absolutely. It's amazing how many people have completely lost the plot over these new GPUs tbh.

I'm chasing one right now (2080ti water). If it comes off I will post about it

BTW going back to COD. Level etc are irrelevant. The screen shot last night was not even in London, but a very busy train depot and the FPS were identical. I don't think I have even seen less than 130 yet.

Old 02-09-20, 03:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Guess what? that's the same crock that was sold to me when I bought a Fury X.

8gb is not going to be enough. Especially not for 4k, which is what the next gen consoles promise. Maybe with heavily reduced textures and settings? yeah, maybe.
Ah yes the 4GB card without compression tech. That's entirely different.
In addition, the faster IO they're pushing, probably makes GPU swapping have even less of an impact. You won't run into issues in current gen games, and in the future you might have to run "high" or even "medium" textures instead of ultra. Sounds fairly reasonable to me.
Old 02-09-20, 03:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Ah yes the 4GB card without compression tech. That's entirely different.
In addition, the faster IO they're pushing, probably makes GPU swapping have even less of an impact. You won't run into issues in current gen games, and in the future you might have to run "high" or even "medium" textures instead of ultra. Sounds fairly reasonable to me.
These are all things that totally don't matter yet, and won't until the consoles start using the same tech. And from what I have read and been told it's only the PS5 that will use it.

At the same time all of the games that exist don't use it.

If you wanted to know the catch with these "lower" prices? that is it. And, it's why there are cards with much more VRAM than that being rumoured heavily right now. Only, they won't be anywhere near as cheap as they never are.

Old 03-09-20, 01:33 AM
OC3D Elite

This 3070Ti leak just goes to prove anyone who buys the new cards when they launch is a moron cause you can guarantee that as sure as your points at the ground that you're going to get burned, as Nvidia will have Ti's/Supers ready and waiting.
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 03-09-20, 12:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Does anyone remember 760 Ti? It was an OEM only version of 760.

2GB GDDR6X chips aren't available yet - I wouldn't be surprised if it was an OEM flavoured 2070 Ti with GDDR6.
Old 03-09-20, 01:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Does anyone remember 760 Ti? It was an OEM only version of 760.

2GB GDDR6X chips aren't available yet - I wouldn't be surprised if it was an OEM flavoured 2070 Ti with GDDR6.
Or the GTX 555 they launched to Alienware only?

So yes, this could well be an OEM only card. Like the Ryzen 3900 being an OEM only CPU.

Old 04-09-20, 07:52 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Just because Ampere cards appear too good to be true they are not. At all.

They are just a pre emptive strike against the inevitable, the new consoles. Jen knows no one is going to pay three times what a console costs for a GPU that does the same thing. The 3080 costs more than both forthcoming consoles, and will achieve the same. 4k 60. He even mentioned this in the longer video I watched where he wasn't just taking things out of the oven and GPUs hid behind spatulas.

Sorry, but VRAM is VRAM. I learned that lesson with 4gb HBM. It doesn't matter how fast it is etc etc.

The actual cards he was planning to release? are the ones with the higher VRAM on them. They will come in after, for more money, once the plebs have pounced.

COD MW. Maxed out, 1440p, RT on etc. Shadows all maxed, and the new stuff they added. 9.5gb VRAM @ 1440p.

That is why you should not all get too excited at the 3070. Maybe at 1440p it will cut it for a while, but all of that "Much faster than the 2080Ti" is all nonsense when you run out of VRAM.

Nothing has changed but the model numbers. We are just back to Pascal is all.

1070 £400 odd, 3070 £400 odd. Only in all that time it has the same VRAM lmao.

3080 replaces the 1080Ti at the same price, 3090 is Titan money. Nothing has changed *at all* apart from the fact at least two new consoles (S was proven yesterday in code on the Xb1x) and that they will still be much cheaper than these GPUs.
The 3080 is likely going to offer more than 4k/60. The 2080Ti has been doing that the last 18 months, so it stands to reason the 3080 will offer more like 4k/90.

Someone from Nvidia recently spoke about VRAM usage when asked whether the current limits of 8 and 10GB would be enough. And I felt convinced by his reasoning. He mentioned being in touch with game developers. These are the people building next gen console games, not you or I. You could absolutely damn Nvidia and say that they just want you to buy Geforce 4000 series when they're released or upgrade to a 16GB 3070 from your 8GB 3070, but that doesn't make sense for Nvidia to do that.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX