Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 13-09-17, 11:41 AM
News Guru

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid - RushKit

Let's have a look at EVGA's latest liquid cooled GPU, the GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid!

Read more on EVGA's GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid.

Old 13-09-17, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

A measurement of water temp would be great. After 2 hours of full throttle OC.

I felt my 1070 hybrid got really hot. And my custom loop with a 1080ti needs 1200 rpm on the 240mm rad and 1000rpm on my 280mm rad to keep the water temp at 40c
Old 14-09-17, 10:25 AM
OC3D Elite

I don't think this will fare very well after two hours of all out full throttle OC, tbh. I put my TXP on a proper loop with a cooled back plate and it was a bit of a horror show. 86c on the core. Not sure about coolant temps I did not fit a sensor but yeah, even I know that wasn't good.

A 120 rad is not suitable for all out overclocking on these cards. They are just too hot. I've had to lower my temp limit and power target right down, but do still get 1800mhz in the 50s. Without all of the noise I had before.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 14-09-17, 11:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I don't think this will fare very well after two hours of all out full throttle OC, tbh. I put my TXP on a proper loop with a cooled back plate and it was a bit of a horror show. 86c on the core. Not sure about coolant temps I did not fit a sensor but yeah, even I know that wasn't good.

A 120 rad is not suitable for all out overclocking on these cards. They are just too hot. I've had to lower my temp limit and power target right down, but do still get 1800mhz in the 50s. Without all of the noise I had before.
Didn't you fix that 86C problem though by a patch update or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Old 14-09-17, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hmmm. I might have to play a little with the card then. I didn't think that lowering the powertarget from 120 to 100% would do that big a difference.
Old 14-09-17, 11:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Didn't you fix that 86C problem though by a patch update or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?
I had the issue with a game and yes, it was fixed by updating it. However, that isn't what fixed the overall problem. The game was simply using the GPU 100% and after the patch that dropped to 80% or so.

However, two hours of Valley resulted in the same problem. 83c. The fix was simple, just reduce the power target down to 75%, reduce the max core temp to 75c and reduce the overclock from 235 (max) down to 200.

Bingo bongo, temps in the 50s, 56 being the highest, whilst still holding a minimum 1800mhz clock

Thing is, that isn't what people are going to be doing with these I feel. As I said, a 120 rad is simply nowhere near enough to maintain clocks over 2ghz with the power target and heat targets maxed. I hope EVGA have put some seriously strong pumps in these, because they are going to feel the heat something rotten.

Old 14-09-17, 12:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, agreed with 120mm not being nearly enough. These cards run hot, especially when you crank up the juice. I'd prefer a good HQ triple fan air cooler over this. Water is only worthwhile with enough rad space IMO, and 120 is far too little.

Old 14-09-17, 01:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I had the issue with a game and yes, it was fixed by updating it. However, that isn't what fixed the overall problem. The game was simply using the GPU 100% and after the patch that dropped to 80% or so.

However, two hours of Valley resulted in the same problem. 83c. The fix was simple, just reduce the power target down to 75%, reduce the max core temp to 75c and reduce the overclock from 235 (max) down to 200.

Bingo bongo, temps in the 50s, 56 being the highest, whilst still holding a minimum 1800mhz clock

Thing is, that isn't what people are going to be doing with these I feel. As I said, a 120 rad is simply nowhere near enough to maintain clocks over 2ghz with the power target and heat targets maxed. I hope EVGA have put some seriously strong pumps in these, because they are going to feel the heat something rotten.
Sounds like you have a good clocker card too. Lucky. Maybe one day i will jump on the titan boat. Well... hopefully it doesnt sink like the titan"ic" one when put under water

Boom! double pun.
Old 14-09-17, 05:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Thankfully my "120" rad is massive tbh.

Top right, compared to the one behind it (a 120 AIO). Yeah the Titan is a fantastic clocker. Didn't even touch the memory really and still sails past 1080Ti.