Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 01-01-13, 01:57 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaker172 View Post
Thanks, hopefully the parts will be here in a weeks time!
I've been reading up on building a pc for months now, I hope everything will go smooth!
A weeks time?? god darnit... crap! how can you handle that much excitement?

GFX: Sapphire HD3870x2 857/1053
RAM: 2x2Gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHZ 1,65 V
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700 700W
Old 01-01-13, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonk View Post
A weeks time?? god darnit... crap! how can you handle that much excitement?
Week is a worst case scenario, takes a time for people to get back into work, so all deliveries are still slow :d Most likely I'll find time to pick them up myself, directly from the store! The benefits of having a winter brake!
Old 01-01-13, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaker172 View Post
It should be possible, their website says that it includes a second pair of mounting brackets for an additional 120mm fan!
hurray, good news :P
Old 01-01-13, 04:04 PM

I was wondering, if budget was no problem what some of you guys would build? I am looking for a project for my son and I. He is an extreme gamer and wants a custom built machine. I want it to be a project we build together. I am not real up to date on all the latest hardware, software and cases(my last actual build was 10 years ago) however I feel confident I can build it, as long as I can get some guidance as far as the hardware.
Old 01-01-13, 04:15 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyg View Post
I was wondering, if budget was no problem what some of you guys would build? I am looking for a project for my son and I. He is an extreme gamer and wants a custom built machine. I want it to be a project we build together. I am not real up to date on all the latest hardware, software and cases(my last actual build was 10 years ago) however I feel confident I can build it, as long as I can get some guidance as far as the hardware.
Well if in that case, I would build something ITX form factor. I have the perfect one for you. It's going to be a challenge, and I am sure you and your son are going to enjoy building this one ( if you choose to ). Posted this one before... I hope it's ok if I do it again.

GFX: Sapphire HD3870x2 857/1053
RAM: 2x2Gb Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHZ 1,65 V
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700 700W
Old 01-01-13, 04:30 PM

NIce looking rig. However he is looking for multiple gpu's on a full atx form factor. My appologies I should have mentioned that. If anyone knows how to break this out into a new thread feel free. I don't want to hijack someone elses thread. Also the wife insists that(this is new info) I cannot spend more than $2500 USD on this rig to include case and monitor(s). However I need this machine to be absolutely awesome. Chances are I will never get to do this for him again.
Old 01-01-13, 04:54 PM

Quote:
NIce looking rig. However he is looking for multiple gpu's on a full atx form factor. My appologies I should have mentioned that. If anyone knows how to break this out into a new thread feel free. I don't want to hijack someone elses thread. Also the wife insists that(this is new info) I cannot spend more than $2500 USD on this rig to include case and monitor(s). However I need this machine to be absolutely awesome. Chances are I will never get to do this for him again.
Haha, it's ok to hijack the thread! For multiple monitor setup I personally would look in to a couple of HD 7970's (3gb of Vram for textures and nice bus width, 4gb 670's or 680's in SLI is also an option) on X79 (with a nice 3820 cpu). Just remember not to skimp on a PSU! best of luck! I wish I had a dad who could do a build with me
Old 01-01-13, 05:03 PM

I am not really a gamer anymore(played everquest years ago) but he is. So I am going to rely heavily on information I pick up on this forum. It is a suprise for him, so I can't ask him too many questions about what he would like because he is A.) 17 B.) intelectually brilliant according to testing C.)has just found out he has cancer and we don't want him to think its a pity thing. So anyway thanks for the input and I would appreciate more from anyone who would like to give it.
Old 01-01-13, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I am not really a gamer anymore(played everquest years ago) but he is. So I am going to rely heavily on information I pick up on this forum. It is a suprise for him, so I can't ask him too many questions about what he would like because he is A.) 17 B.) intelectually brilliant according to testing C.)has just found out he has cancer and we don't want him to think its a pity thing. So anyway thanks for the input and I would appreciate more from anyone who would like to give it.
I'm really sorry to hear about your sons condition Must be really tough for you all.. You shouldn't be shy, make your own topic and people will help you! I really don't like to give advice, because I haven't built my first comupter yet and I'm afraid to give wrong information. :s I guess I know some things while lurking all the forums and review sites for months now.
Best of luck!
Old 02-01-13, 09:36 PM

Reasoner is right, the psu is more than enough, but if can't do anything about it then :/ too bad... You would have saved some money but you have headroom for further upgrades (future graphic cards or such)

Can you change the fan on a hyper 212 evo?

Tags
tags are for poor people