Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 20-11-20, 04:32 PM
The Guvnor

MSI RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 SUPRIM X Preview

With possibly the strangest name we've seen on a graphics card the new MSI SUPRIM X cards look like the replacement for their old Lightning range. Premium to the extreme. Is it bad timing though?

MSI RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 SUPRIM X Preview

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 21-11-20, 07:19 PM

With your explanation I'd actually be more inclined to buy the MSI model over the rest, but it would still be putting money in Ngreedia's pockets so it'll be a Red Team card and if MSI put a good one out I'll look favourably on that come Easter. If they do I hope they make a better fist of the naming and the edge logos. If I were to buy an MSI 380/390 I'd blank those logos pronto. Barring that it looks a nice piece of engineering on MSI's part and I do hope they send them back to you for review when the dust settles. Chin, chin.
Old 21-11-20, 10:37 PM
OC3D Elite

I think AIB partners are going to be rushing to get their higher end cards out the door ASAP because the prospect of NVidia doing a 7nm TSMC refresh of Ampere gaming cards could leave them high and dry with expensive designs that no one wants.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Old 22-11-20, 02:00 AM

This is a known known. AMD/NVIDIA will both be playing Rock, Scissors, Paper. This time though AMD have closed the gap to vanishing and are already working on 5nm if I'm not mistaken.
Old 22-11-20, 01:39 PM
Old N Gold

Yeah, I can see the next two years being very competitive. Nvidia will move to 7nm with Ampere and AMD will move to 5nm for RDNA3. AMD are suggesting it'll be out by the end of 2021, but I highly doubt that. I can imagine it'll be well into 2022 before we see RDNA3 on 5nm. Ampere on 7nm, if it's true, will likely be out much sooner and cause AMD to be behind again for a good few months. But I can see RDNA3 being a reversal of that trend. And then Nvidia will release Hopper and the cycle will continue.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX