Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 25-07-17, 03:12 PM
The Guvnor

I spoke about Sata 5&6 in many videos actually.

But no I didnt test if it shares bandwidth or switches it off. Id assume people would take the worst case scenario.

Having a pop at me really isnt fair though and a bit low actually.

If youve got 6 drives attached its not actually my fault you didnt think this may be an issue and seek an answer before buying

This is just one of the reasons B350's can be a bit limted and force people to X370. Its a platform limitation by AMD at the end of the day

You can always look to get some bigger drives and move your data around or swap out for the X370 that has two more SATA ports

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old Today, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
I spoke about Sata 5&6 in many videos actually.

But no I didnt test if it shares bandwidth or switches it off. Id assume people would take the worst case scenario.

Having a pop at me really isnt fair though and a bit low actually.

If youve got 6 drives attached its not actually my fault you didnt think this may be an issue and seek an answer before buying

This is just one of the reasons B350's can be a bit limted and force people to X370. Its a platform limitation by AMD at the end of the day

You can always look to get some bigger drives and move your data around or swap out for the X370 that has two more SATA ports
you may need to read more carefully next time.

first, i vented off a little bit, sure.
but not especially aimed at you. i wrote about vloggers in general.
and what i wrote is my honest opinion.

take what i wrote about "reviews" to heart or not, but i know many people think that way.

in the end, i came here because your reviews are good.
just the focus on performance numbers is a bit too heavy i think.

i rather hear more about quirks and issues that are discovered while building a system.
because THAT is information i donīt get at every channel out there.

Quote:
second, i wrote a few times i ACTUALLY INFORMED MYSELF PRIOR TO BUYING (in all caps so itīs not ignored again).

but the info from asus and AMD was MISLEADING and they now fixed that because i and others complained. see the links i posted in my posting on page 1.

i thought that i can get infos about this at an "official UK asus support forum".
that i did not was a bit disappointing... i have to admit.
i thought employees from asus visit this forum. i guess i was wrong?

i use an M.2 bootdrive, two ssdīs and two data drives.
what i want is a another optical drive.

i doubt that this is an unusal configuration for someone who does more than benchmarking a system or gaming (that is not meant as an offense, just a fact).

Quote:
actually no. itīs is not that easy in my case.

a bigger drive and partitions will not work for me.

i need a physical D: drive and an E: drive.
i canīt use partitions because i need to swap them from home to work and the path have to fit.
itīs a bit complicated to explain. it is just the best way for me to have them as separate drives.
beside that, they are 6 and 8 TB drives already.

the two ssdīs are also hard to replace (well expensive).
they are 1 TB drives and i would need to buy a 2 TB drive.

also i like to be able to switch them out separately.

thought that has nothing to do with the topic.