Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 15-01-17, 08:32 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I stopped visiting their site quite a while ago due to how many ads they put in your way, That and the few videos I've seen of the main guy I wasn't too keen on.
Yeah, I saw a couple of his videos. Really not good stuff. There is a lot of immature technology content on YouTube, but that's often from young people who are still learning. TweakTown is a major presence in the technology media scene and has been around for a while. Their immaturity has no excuse.

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 15-01-17, 11:12 PM
OC3D Elite

never been till today, looks crap so won't go again I was just curious even the website looks crap
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 16-01-17, 12:08 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Yeah, I saw a couple of his videos. Really not good stuff. There is a lot of immature technology content on YouTube, but that's often from young people who are still learning. TweakTown is a major presence in the technology media scene and has been around for a while. Their immaturity has no excuse.
Yeah noticed that too, It's like listening to an angsty teens videos
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 16-01-17, 10:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Just had a quick look.

First thing I see which is a joke in itself

TWEAK TOWN
"Tech content trusted by users in North America and around the world"

It's like they are on the defensive trying to claim what they post is valuable info.

And then on front page I see the headline "Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'"

My, my isnt that informative technology content...
Old 16-01-17, 10:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Once they started blocking the front page for an ad blocker and then telling me to either disable it, or watch a video stopped my traffic there.

It's one thing to have a nice site, and nicely ask to white list the site, but to force that on me, is just not right.
Old 16-01-17, 10:36 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Once they started blocking the front page for an ad blocker and then telling me to either disable it, or watch a video stopped my traffic there.

It's one thing to have a nice site, and nicely ask to white list the site, but to force that on me, is just not right.
I don't use an ad-blocker and it did that to me.
Old 17-01-17, 07:26 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Just to further prove there reliability issues..
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/55875/...ram/index.html

Like really? Ok i'll give em the Vega 10 and Dual Vega. But to speculate on Navi 10 and dual Navi and to claim it's going to be beast and upto 128GB/256GB of memory? WTF?
In addition.. 30 and 60TFLOPS of single precision??? Wow.
I mean. It just baffles me you would even try to speculate. It's 2 years away! Only thing we know that AMD said, 7nm, PCI 4.0, and 2019. No clue how you could go further than that.

I didn't even realize it was TT. But I read it and laughed pretty damn hard. I figured it was an AMD fanboy blog or something but I scrolled up and the irony hit me. Course it was TT.

What bothers me the most, is that while they are probably the worst, others have released similar totally bogus articles in the past. All for clickbait. Journalism these days... I'm glad we have WYP who doesn't do crap like this. At least he's honest and when he does speculate, you actually have reasoning behind it. Unlike TT who state make it seem like fact.
Old 17-01-17, 09:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Look at the bright side, this is not a WCCFTech thread. But in all fairness, they have been doing better since they brought Keith on board.
Old 15-02-17, 10:38 AM
News Guru

On the topic of websites that run a lot slower than they need to. Has anyone else noticed that PCGAMER has huge problems with this now?
Old 15-02-17, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
On the topic of websites that run a lot slower than they need to. Has anyone else noticed that PCGAMER has huge problems with this now?
Yeah, PC Gamer is going a bit downhill imo both in terms of website speed/ads and dare I say it quality of content!

My Rig