Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 27-10-14, 12:02 AM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
Haha maybe after Christmas bud, I think my GF would bury me if I tried to get stuff before it
Don't do it you will get the bug, that strange addiction you think the upgrade bug is bad water goes deeper

__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN 1500x, H100i GTX
MB: MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 27-10-14, 12:10 AM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,202
Mate hope you get your stuff sorted soon, talk about frustration
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 27-10-14, 12:11 AM
Tripp's Avatar
Tripp Tripp is offline
too many shrooms
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: mersyside
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Don't do it you will get the bug, that strange addiction you think the upgrade bug is bad water goes deeper
Hahaha maybe I am best sticking to AIO's then, I dunno maybe at some point down the line I would like to do at least one custom loop
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 27-10-14, 11:56 AM
RadeonHDx RadeonHDx is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,069
You're having some real bad luck mate. Hope it all gets sorted soon!
__________________
Intel Xeon E5649 x2 | Custom Water Loop
Saphire R9 290 Tri-X Edition | InWin Dragon Rider White
24GB Samsung RAM | SuperMicro X8DTi R2.0
Samsung Evo 250GB | 1TB Hitachi HDD


Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27-10-14, 12:19 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHDx View Post
You're having some real bad luck mate. Hope it all gets sorted soon!
thanks mate

just thinking now i've played with watercooling and overclocking i might as well go back to air
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 27-10-14, 03:36 PM
paulstung's Avatar
paulstung paulstung is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,755
Every time I get a problem with my loop, I say to myself no more loops, so I start looking for an AIO, but still end up going full custom, it is an addiction.

I'm not sure if you've got one, but the DDC's are well known for over heating, so the EK heastinks are a must, they look pretty sweet too, I think they're only £15.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27-10-14, 03:58 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstung View Post
Every time I get a problem with my loop, I say to myself no more loops, so I start looking for an AIO, but still end up going full custom, it is an addiction.

I'm not sure if you've got one, but the DDC's are well known for over heating, so the EK heastinks are a must, they look pretty sweet too, I think they're only £15.
Yeah I know mate, it's the first thing I got when I got my first DDC

Next year I'll be building and maybe building a watercooled m-itx if I get this job.
Really really want to make a doctor who themed build.

I wonder if I can water cool a tardis???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 27-10-14, 04:23 PM
paulstung's Avatar
paulstung paulstung is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,755
Nice idea mate. I've been thinking about converting a kids RC toy truck, or something along those lines, for an M-ATX media centre. There is one floating around in an RC Tumbler,that is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 27-10-14, 08:25 PM
Permafrost's Avatar
Permafrost Permafrost is offline
Compo Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 2,035
You're not going to believe this, but I fixed the pump....ish....
So you know the EK heatsink for DDC pumps right? Well it turns out that when you first install the pump into it, it has a cut out for the cables, after having a closer look I noticed all 3 of the wire sleeving has been stripped less then 1mm so all 3 wires was making contact with the metal housing after using electrical tape and making a very small loop just to run a test the little started working again....

So what have I learned from this? No matter how much research you do, nothing can prepare you for a s**ty piece of wiring and sharp piece of metal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 27-10-14, 08:59 PM
Tripp's Avatar
Tripp Tripp is offline
too many shrooms
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: mersyside
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Permafrost View Post
You're not going to believe this, but I fixed the pump....ish....
So you know the EK heatsink for DDC pumps right? Well it turns out that when you first install the pump into it, it has a cut out for the cables, after having a closer look I noticed all 3 of the wire sleeving has been stripped less then 1mm so all 3 wires was making contact with the metal housing after using electrical tape and making a very small loop just to run a test the little started working again....

So what have I learned from this? No matter how much research you do, nothing can prepare you for a s**ty piece of wiring and sharp piece of metal.
Glad to hear you have managed to sort it mate
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.