Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 08-07-16, 09:12 AM

Mail order items require large boxes and parcels!

Just ordered some M3 screws and washers they delivered them today and through the letter box they came.
The parcels were four or five times the size of the contents!
Why waste so much packaging for tiny items?
Sometimes sellers feel the need to give my kids free sweets to make up the weight of the packages LOL
Corsair was recently bad a small i/o panel and a drive cage the box was four time larger rammed with inflatable cushions that were five times bigger than contents, but whats even more funny the postage costs are getting kind of rip off these days?
Make money YES
Kill the planet YES
Sorry it grinds my gears!
Can you relate?

Old 08-07-16, 09:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipperjay View Post
Just ordered some M3 screws and washers they delivered them today and through the letter box they came.
The parcels were four or five times the size of the contents!
Why waste so much packaging for tiny items?
Sometimes sellers feel the need to give my kids free sweets to make up the weight of the packages LOL
Corsair was recently bad a small i/o panel and a drive cage the box was four time larger rammed with inflatable cushions that were five times bigger than contents, but whats even more funny the postage costs are getting kind of rip off these days?
Make money YES
Kill the planet YES
Sorry it grinds my gears!
Can you relate?
Companies buy boxes in various sizes in large scale bulk and get discounts and deals on certain sizes. Small boxes are not efficient believe it or not. Sometimes the smallest they have available is still too big for the product you ordered. But they need to shift those boxes in order to fulfill their contract agreement with the "box company"

I used to be a picker when I was 16, for a small company similar to the way Amazon runs. the issue is the paper wastage against the environment