Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #171  
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BlondesVille
Posts: 12,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Holy crap.

So after seeing (I believe it was DICE) buy a high hz monitor I obviously bought one myself.



Then I decided to do some testing. Firstly, bloody hell Vega 64 performs amazingly in BF1. I played through all of the first missions last night, it was a pleasure !

Then I decided to install Doom, as I only played it for 3 hours. Decided to do some testing, because the 240hz screen isn't here yet. I set the settings to ultra, changed the FSAA to FXAA (basic) and changed to Vulkan @ 1080p.

200 FPS, absolutely jammed. Now obviously I am not seeing these frames because my monitor tops out at 70hz, but OMFG does the game ever move fast. I've seriously not experienced anything like this in years.

Really, really excited to get it all hooked up over at my mother's house now. Nice thing is I can play Doom and etc at silly FPS (like, single player FPS games) then play everything else here. That is properly satisfying lol. Hoping I can remove the 200 cap and get it up to 240 though that may be wishful thinking on my part. IDK yet.

Yep, Twas me, I bought the Asus ROG Strix 24" XG248Q 240Hz Freesync monitor to go next to my Ultrawide 1440P ROG Strix 100Hz monitor for when I want high refresh rate gaming, It really does feel amazing playing at stupid high FPS on a high refresh rate monitor

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,624
Doom is just SICK. Seriously, the combos are just never ending with the FPS that high. Like on 70 FPS it feels like moving to your next kill causes a delay. With 200 FPS? hory shet, it's totally like stringing together combos in a 90s beat em up !

TBH though it won't suit Fallout 4 etc. It will just cause them to break. So it will be super nice having the smaller mad hz monitor and a high res (4k DSR) 70hz rig. Best of both worlds
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Doom is just SICK. Seriously, the combos are just never ending with the FPS that high. Like on 70 FPS it feels like moving to your next kill causes a delay. With 200 FPS? hory shet, it's totally like stringing together combos in a 90s beat em up !

TBH though it won't suit Fallout 4 etc. It will just cause them to break. So it will be super nice having the smaller mad hz monitor and a high res (4k DSR) 70hz rig. Best of both worlds
Bethesda games cant deal with more than 80 without running into problems. Older ACreed games would glitch out completely at 120hz.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Bethesda games cant deal with more than 80 without running into problems. Older ACreed games would glitch out completely at 120hz.
Any reccs on what is awesome? I think I will play through HL2 again for sure if that works OK.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,016
Yeah HL2 should work wonders. The engine doesn't like 1000fps+ but otherwise no problems at all.

If you're into it, Audiosurf games are a blast at high frame rates too.
__________________
i7 8700k 4.9GHz - 2x8Gb 3600MHz CL15-15-15-34 - GTX 970 - 512GB 850 EVO
<3 Linux, DXVK and 165Hz
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,062
I unlocked the FPS of Fallout 4, just to see what the difference would be, if any. Bad idea, LOL!
__________________
Guts: Ryzen 2700X / Asus CH7 Hero / 16GB FlareX 3200CL14 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: ADATA SX8200 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 1 240 rad / Singularity Computers reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I unlocked the FPS of Fallout 4, just to see what the difference would be, if any. Bad idea, LOL!
Aye that breaks it for sure I defeated the Mechanist, then it crashed on the terminal you need to exit with, resulting in me having to do the battle all over again.

I just benched Metro LL Redux and got an average FPS of 90 odd. Max was well over 140, so that will be a nice game to play. Hopefully the new one runs well too without RT.

That reminds me, I must get Uplay and FC5 installed on here. The new one comes out Feb and I pre ordered it and paid already.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Any reccs on what is awesome? I think I will play through HL2 again for sure if that works OK.
recommended games for High fps?

Battlefield 3 and 4 in multiplayer were fantastic. I literally felt like I had an advantage over others, especially with the low input lag.

HL2 is definately a must. Also Project cars is quite beautiful. Actually most driving games at high fps.

other honorable mentions
Batman Arkham city
Tombraider
world of warcraft
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
recommended games for High fps?

Battlefield 3 and 4 in multiplayer were fantastic. I literally felt like I had an advantage over others, especially with the low input lag.

HL2 is definately a must. Also Project cars is quite beautiful. Actually most driving games at high fps.

other honorable mentions
Batman Arkham city
Tombraider
world of warcraft
Hmm I might play through BF3 again. I tell you why.. Basically the first time I tried to play through it in SP I was using a GTX 470. It was fine, up until that mall part with the sniper rifle. The card did not have enough VRAM, and the input lag made it impossible. I then got a 2gb 6970 and flew through it. But it was a half decent game. Not quite as good as BFBC2 but yeah, a decent enough coherent game.

Not into Batman at all, but I loved the original TR remake. Might have to do that one again, as again I had issues with input lag dodging the spikes when falling down the water fall.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BlondesVille
Posts: 12,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Hmm I might play through BF3 again. I tell you why.. Basically the first time I tried to play through it in SP I was using a GTX 470. It was fine, up until that mall part with the sniper rifle. The card did not have enough VRAM, and the input lag made it impossible. I then got a 2gb 6970 and flew through it. But it was a half decent game. Not quite as good as BFBC2 but yeah, a decent enough coherent game.

Not into Batman at all, but I loved the original TR remake. Might have to do that one again, as again I had issues with input lag dodging the spikes when falling down the water fall.

Battlefield 3 is worth a revisit especially with a high Hz panel, I loved the single player campaign in that game, Same goes for TR2013, High refresh breathes new life into it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:19 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.