Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-09-18, 05:32 PM
News Guru

Nvidia reveals RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti performance data at GTC Japan 2018

Nvidia aims their RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti at 4K 60+ FPS gaming.

Read more about Nvidia's RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti performance data.

Old 13-09-18, 05:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Looking at the slide Nvidia compares the performance jump between GTX 10 series and the RTX 20 series as being similar to the performance leap when moving between the GTX 9 and GTX 10 series', a significant performance uptick even without the use of RTX features like Ray Tracing and DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling. The only issue here is that Nvidia's new 20 series products also ship with significantly higher MSRPs than it's predecessors, a fact that is not considered in this performance-centric graph.
I think you forgot an ” ) ” in there somewhere...
Old 13-09-18, 05:53 PM

This is yet another example of them being extremely vague and misleading. The 1080TI is more than capable of 4k 60 in a ton of modern AAA titles, and thats at a full range of settings. These graphs they seem to love to release without an real numbers or settings information only make me wonder what they are hiding. Ill wait until i see reviews from sites i trust, like OC3D and others before i buy any more of their hype.
Old 13-09-18, 09:01 PM

I find it strange that nVidia would says that we can expect the performance to be as much as it was between going from the 900 series to the 1000 series, as that performance jump was just around 60% (looking at 980 vs. 1080)... Is there anything indicating the 2080 being 60% faster than a 1080???

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2621/geforce-gtx-980
Old 14-09-18, 07:04 AM

With the reviews most likely coming out next week it does seem odd they have shown no real performance numbers.
I wonder it was a strategy not to impact 10 series sales.
I've seen a lot of people saying they would not buy a 20 series due to performance and price, how they were just going to get a 10 series instead.

Or its because people will expect to see a bigger gap for the price jump .
Old 14-09-18, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Wasn't the 1080 pretty much on par with the 980 Ti when it released? oO
I know, drivers, but this seems weird.
Old 14-09-18, 08:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyjb View Post
With the reviews most likely coming out next week it does seem odd they have shown no real performance numbers.
I wonder it was a strategy not to impact 10 series sales.
I've seen a lot of people saying they would not buy a 20 series due to performance and price, how they were just going to get a 10 series instead.

Or its because people will expect to see a bigger gap for the price jump .
It's simple.

They want people preordering the over priced card. This creates demand. Even if you dont like the card in the end and return it to the retailer, Nvidia have already made their money. It's on the retailer to shift the returned product, not Nvidia.

The best the Retailer / Etailer can do is return the card to their supplier. But this rarely happens.

Once the pre orders etc are done and the card is shipped / reviewed, those disappointed will either 1. return card (nvidia already made their money) 2. get a 1080ti instead (nvidia make money and shift surplus stock)