Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-01-20, 02:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Š View Post
I feel you. While I only have Amazon Prime at the moment, which is 70€ for a year (same prize as Disney+) I already think that is much. Luckily my grad cousin allows me to use his Netflix sub for free.

@Darkdayzzz so you're paying 70$ for your internet connection?! That's 63€, holy moly. I hope you're getting high speeds at least.

Concerning pausing the movie/show with cable: almost every newer TV is able to record to a USB drive, allowing you to stop even free TV movies and continue after you return. You can also skip commercial breaks of recorded stuff, of course.
In Norway it costs about £45 for a basic braodband connection of around 10Mbps down. Gone are the days of my insane 500Mbps since the company is no longer in existance, but to have anything decent will cost upwards of £60 here. Depends on location.

Some have to pay £60 for a measly 5Mbps due to being in the middle of no where.

Old 21-01-20, 04:53 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Š View Post
@Darkdayzzz so you're paying 70$ for your internet connection?! That's 63€, holy moly. I hope you're getting high speeds at least.
I'm paying $75 for internet. I get 100 down 10 up. It's crap! Started out as $35 but "fees"...
Old 21-01-20, 04:59 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggyolly View Post
Derp. Too late Disney, everyone has already watched Mandalorian

No one outside of America has seen it and those that have, Have watched it from questionable sources, I'll be paying for 1 month to watch the Mando series for sure.

Old 21-01-20, 05:31 PM
OC3D Crew

Nope.

Segmenting the market is only good for investors and is anti consumer.
The cost of streaming content has gone through the roof and each subscription offers you less and less of what you actually want.
Old 21-01-20, 06:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
Nope.

Segmenting the market is only good for investors and is anti consumer.
The cost of streaming content has gone through the roof and each subscription offers you less and less of what you actually want.
Its all about GEO blocking. UK has it easy compared to rest of europe. Norway netflix has about 15% of the content UK gets for example.

They need to ban geo blocking and make streaming services universal. I bet you piracy would fall then.
Old 21-01-20, 06:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Its all about GEO blocking. UK has it easy compared to rest of europe. Norway netflix has about 15% of the content UK gets for example.

They need to ban geo blocking and make streaming services universal. I bet you piracy would fall then.

Yeah geo blocking just encourages piracy.
Old 21-01-20, 08:25 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:

Every single one of my co-workers has pirated The Mandolorian series, I haven't as I'm too paranoid, But if these services were made universal as you say and affordable I can pretty much guarantee piracy would sharply drop.

Old 21-01-20, 08:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
The issue I see is not that 7euro is a cheap price (which it is), everything is a streaming service now, so if you start subscribing to multiple then it adds up to quite a large cost.

Currently I have
Spotify
XGP
Netflix
HBO
That is setting me back £45 a month. For streaming services alone. Could be considered more given I paid an annual fee for Origin.

Now adding 7 euro although small, is pushing me over £50. Its too much.
This is my exact problem as well and my response to when I get asked if I have Netflix (they think Netflix is the world here which annoys me). Add to that a few others I'd like simply because they have series on in fancy and it's way too much monthly. For us regular TV already is a subscription and an expensive one at that!!
Old 21-01-20, 09:38 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF34RChannel View Post
This is my exact problem as well and my response to when I get asked if I have Netflix (they think Netflix is the world here which annoys me). Add to that a few others I'd like simply because they have series on in fancy and it's way too much monthly. For us regular TV already is a subscription and an expensive one at that!!

Considering in the UK you HAVE to pay a license to simply own a TV, Which is beyond archaic and should be abolished, That adds even more on top, Many people I personally know don't even own a TV anymore nevermind streaming services.

Old 21-01-20, 09:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Considering in the UK you HAVE to pay a license to simply own a TV, Which is beyond archaic and should be abolished, That adds even more on top, Many people I personally know don't even own a TV anymore nevermind streaming services.
Oh really! That's too far alright :/