Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-06-19, 02:52 PM
News Guru

CD Projekt Red's E3 2019 Demos for Cyberpunk 2077 were running on PC

The question now is how well will the console version compare?

Read more about CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 running on PC at E3 2019.

Old 13-06-19, 04:47 PM
AMD Enthusiast

They won't!
Old 13-06-19, 07:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Really... After Witcher 3 someone has the idea that Cyberepunk will be designed for consoles in mind? CD Projekt Red is the only game maker that makes games the proper way. The PC version has all the bells and whistles, and makes your computer bleed (not because it is a bad port), and then consoles get lowest details version that barely runs at 30 FPS. Not the other way around. I wouldn't be surprised if it requires 2080 Ti SLI (or next year's equivalent) for max settings.
Old 13-06-19, 11:07 PM
AMD Enthusiast

It's reasonable to believe it was console though. It was at an Xbox event....

Though whoever said PS4 pro is an idiot. Why would MS let a game running on PS hardware be shown at an Xbox event that was supposed to build hype for Project Scarlett?
Old 14-06-19, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Really... After Witcher 3 someone has the idea that Cyberepunk will be designed for consoles in mind? CD Projekt Red is the only game maker that makes games the proper way. The PC version has all the bells and whistles, and makes your computer bleed (not because it is a bad port), and then consoles get lowest details version that barely runs at 30 FPS. Not the other way around. I wouldn't be surprised if it requires 2080 Ti SLI (or next year's equivalent) for max settings.
The Witcher 3 was severely downgraded because they wanted it to run on consoles and not look like crap compared to the PC version. Compare "Sword of Destiny" trailer to the final product.
The final game shipped without volumetric lighting, among other features that were supposed to be in the game.
Old 14-06-19, 03:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
The Witcher 3 was severely downgraded because they wanted it to run on consoles and not look like crap compared to the PC version. Compare "Sword of Destiny" trailer to the final product.
The final game shipped without volumetric lighting, among other features that were supposed to be in the game.
Wasn't Witcher 3 designed for consoles? I assumed it was, since it reeked of consoleitis, and needed a gamepad. Keyboard control for that game was arse.

Old 14-06-19, 03:25 PM
AMD Enthusiast

It was not designed for consoles first. It was a PC first with ports to console.

The only reason it was able to be so ambitious and as perfect as it was was the fact the consoles allowed them to make the game. That extra income was needed. They even said themselves without consoles the game would never have released.

Outside of that I don't think they had any "downgrading" because of consoles. That makes 0 sense. All they would need to do is disable features for consoles
Old 14-06-19, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Outside of that I don't think they had any "downgrading" because of consoles. That makes 0 sense. All they would need to do is disable features for consoles
The official story is that they changed the rendering system because one looked nicer during the day and night and the old rendering system (the one that allowed volumetric lighting) somehow didn't look as nice at certain times of the day. But if you followed the development closely, you'd also know that prior to E3 2014 demo, Velen and Novigrad were two separate regions. When you know all the details it becomes obvious that the change in the rendering system didn't happen because the game didn't look nice during certain times of the day. That's nonsense. We've seen gameplay footage and screenshots taken during various times of the day. The rendering system was changed (downgraded) because consoles couldn't handle the huge chunk of the world that is Velen+Novigrad with graphics that were as nice as shown in the Sword of Destiny trailer, and they were aiming for parity.

I don't actually mind the downgrade. It's still a beautiful game and I think they made the right call unifying those two regions into a single entity. But we shouldn't be blind to the fact that CDPR wasn't honest about what they did.
Old 15-06-19, 12:40 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
The official story is that they changed the rendering system because one looked nicer during the day and night and the old rendering system (the one that allowed volumetric lighting) somehow didn't look as nice at certain times of the day. But if you followed the development closely, you'd also know that prior to E3 2014 demo, Velen and Novigrad were two separate regions. When you know all the details it becomes obvious that the change in the rendering system didn't happen because the game didn't look nice during certain times of the day. That's nonsense. We've seen gameplay footage and screenshots taken during various times of the day. The rendering system was changed (downgraded) because consoles couldn't handle the huge chunk of the world that is Velen+Novigrad with graphics that were as nice as shown in the Sword of Destiny trailer, and they were aiming for parity.

I don't actually mind the downgrade. It's still a beautiful game and I think they made the right call unifying those two regions into a single entity. But we shouldn't be blind to the fact that CDPR wasn't honest about what they did.
Pretty bad arguments tbh.

Console games are out that look better and have volumetric lighting.
Velen and and Novigrad are not really relevant In any shape to rendering? Love to see the explanation on that. You can freely cross both places. They are still separate regions.. just accessible without loading screens. Not sure how the rendering system affects that.
On top of that funny enough the e3 demo was run on an Xbox One. During MS Xbox event. So to claim consoles are the issue when the "volumetric lighting" was running on an Xbox, is kinda funny.

It's nothing to do with consoles. It's a PC first game. Not a console port. A console port will obviously have limitations. A PC first title will not as it's far easier to scale down than to scale up. That's why so many console first ports to PC have locked framerates amongst other issues. Really I don't see any coherent argument. The graphics are downgraded(hardly) because they want to wow the world. Graphics catch eyeballs. At E3 where the world is watching, you want to be noticed and remembered. It's normal for most games to have lower quality.

I may love the Witcher 3 more than most, the series and books, but I'm not blindly ignoring anything. I don't think the game is perfect. But the visual downgrad argument is always funny. People forget trailers and e3 demos are all scripted. They want to make it purposefully look better.
Old 15-06-19, 02:58 AM
OC3D Elite

This is one of the most hyped games in recent times. I think that Nvidia would want full force of RTX to be shown with no regards to consoles (AMD realm) just to demonstrate their dominance. Consoles will probably get severely downgraded version.