Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Time To Live Customs

Old 10-05-15, 12:40 PM

Fan Hole

Hi guys

I'm lookin to cut a hole in the my acrylic side window on my case to get cool air in between my graphics cards to cool them down but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I thought about a hole saw but struggling to get one the right size, and was going to use a dremel but don't think it would turn out neat

Thanks

Old 10-05-15, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

You might find that could cause a negative outcome.
Id suggest something like a high static pressure fan blowing down the cards forcing air out the back of your case.
Just a suggestion, would also keep noise down aswell.
Old 10-05-15, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember300 View Post
Id suggest something like a high static pressure fan blowing down the cards forcing air out the back of your case.
Thanks
I've got a AF140 blowing down on the top card, but it seems to be the bottom card that's is the problem as it so close to the PSU its seems to be heating it up.

I even have to PSU upside down trying to blow the hot air out to bottom of the case

I have wondered if a different PSU might help ?
Old 10-05-15, 01:18 PM
OC3D Elite

You want a SP not AF to ran through the cards, and you just pushing warm ait back onto the card, your best to push through the void
It wont be your PSU

Rather than having a fan on top have it blowing through.
Old 10-05-15, 01:18 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember300 View Post
for this

Side panel fans have a negative effect on over all cooling performance, I've gone through countless cheap coolermaster cases with side panel fans they do nothing to decrease GPU temps, and just push up the core internal temps. As Remember300 said add another fan at the rear of the cards blowing air across the cards and out the rear, keep your air flow running in the logical direction.
Old 10-05-15, 01:29 PM

Thanks guys much appreciated

I'll look at changing my fan setup
Old 10-05-15, 01:48 PM
OC3D Elite

No probs easy way to think, fans are for assisting and pushing air in the way you want it to be.
With the tight confines of the GPU path ways for air a static pressure fan would force that ait out through the back of the case just as if it was a radiator, those AF style fans ar better to move air quickly towards the SP fans so that it has nice cool clean air to ram down those hot GPU's
Old 10-05-15, 01:53 PM
OC3D Elite

From what you have said so far nobody has a very good picture of the overall scenario. Knowing what you are trying to achieve and with what hardware will always help people to provide an informative answer.

If you have confined areas as is typical with SLI then it is often advantageous to run a negative pressure setup, ie. more exhaust fans than intake fans.

JR
Old 10-05-15, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
From what you have said so far nobody has a very good picture of the overall scenario. Knowing what you are trying to achieve and with what hardware will always help people to provide an informative answer.

If you have confined areas as is typical with SLI then it is often advantageous to run a negative pressure setup, ie. more exhaust fans than intake fans.

JR
It's 2x r9 285 near each other

I think party the problems is the case isn't the best best for airflow,it's its a NZXT s340 with a radiator in the front with push pull , one top intake and one rear exhaust

It isn't the quietest setups either
Old 10-05-15, 02:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLN View Post
It's 2x r9 285 near each other

I think party the problems is the case isn't the best best for airflow,it's its a NZXT s340 with a radiator in the front with push pull , one top intake and one rear exhaust

It isn't the quietest setups either
Ahhh your essentially raising the ambient temp of the case with the radiator then. Try running the exact opposite of what you have now. That is if the temperatures are actually a problem? Hardware runs pretty hot these days.

JR