Old 14-03-16, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
just beat me too it!!!
Ha
Old 15-03-16, 12:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Cross Platform Networking

Cross platform network play coming soon? I imagine this means if you have the same game on PC or XBone or potentially PS4 then you can play online against each other. Whilst it doesn't specifically mention PS Network - would be living the dream if it works.

Looks like Rocket League will be the first officially supported title. Might have to jump on board I know it's pretty popular on this forum.

Xbox Wire release attached.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/

Old 15-03-16, 12:43 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Cross platform network play coming soon? I imagine this means if you have the same game on PC or XBone or potentially PS4 then you can play online against each other. Whilst it doesn't specifically mention PS Network - would be living the dream if it works.

Looks like Rocket League will be the first officially supported title. Might have to jump on board I know it's pretty popular on this forum.

Xbox Wire release attached.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/
From what I understand, MS isn't making strict guidelines on it, just supporting the ability through servers it seems like so really the hard work must be done on the developer side. Seeing as DX12 already requires more work for a team, I don't know how popular this will be. Although it should be made slightly easier with Xbox/W10 considering they both run W10(albeit ones a custom version) iirc and use DX12
Old 15-03-16, 12:58 AM
AMD Enthusiast

More Total War Warhammer news!

TWW is the next DX12 game, teaming up with AMD to help implement the feature in the future. Announced at GDC

“Creative Assembly has chosen AMD as exclusive GPU partner to bring Total War: Warhammer as a DirectX 12 game to market.”

http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2...12-partnership
Old 15-03-16, 01:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Just now AMD have revealed the Radeon Pro Duo. It's supposed to have up to 16 TFLOPS of compute power and is specially marketed towards VR-Software developers. That's also why the card has got a "professional" name like this and doesn't fall under the Fury naming scheme.

Earlier this year information about a Dual GPU card was leaked talking about a card with 12 TFLOPS which would have been just more than a 295X2 but now the 16 TFLOPS are official. Which makes sense given a single Fury Nano can reach 8.2 TFLOPS.

The Radeon Pro Duo is equipped with a single 120mm radiator with the hose coming out near the I/O. Whether this is the final design featuring a hose that long is unclear.

Besides it's size and blackness the 3x 8-Pins are impressive too. Giving it a theoretical max. output of 525W. They surely played the safe card after the 295X2 was stretching the boundaries that much.

Together with the GPU AMD also announced a new VR-Headset featuring a 4.096 × 2.160 display. Closer information is not available. AMD is definitely going all in with this card giving the ultimate performance on a single PCB.

Source
Old 15-03-16, 01:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
From what I understand, MS isn't making strict guidelines on it, just supporting the ability through servers it seems like so really the hard work must be done on the developer side. Seeing as DX12 already requires more work for a team, I don't know how popular this will be. Although it should be made slightly easier with Xbox/W10 considering they both run W10(albeit ones a custom version) iirc and use DX12
Yeah it's a step in the right direction though. Would be great to be able to play against XBone owners or PS4 players. The heavy lifting is done by the console or PC in the game so it really shouldn't be a matter of OS compatibility it's just the multiplayer data that needs to be either in a unified format or translatable.

I guess there would be other things that would need to work for lobbies and matchmaking etc. I have no idea how that side of things works. From a certain point it would make sense for developers for game longevity - if the multi player servers can handle multiple formats then as your active player base for each platform drops you can still have a reasonably active server.

Old 15-03-16, 02:10 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post

Just now AMD have revealed the Radeon Pro Duo. It's supposed to have up to 16 TFLOPS of compute power and is specially marketed towards VR-Software developers. That's also why the card has got a "professional" name like this and doesn't fall under the Fury naming scheme.

Earlier this year information about a Dual GPU card was leaked talking about a card with 12 TFLOPS which would have been just more than a 295X2 but now the 16 TFLOPS are official. Which makes sense given a single Fury Nano can reach 8.2 TFLOPS.

The Radeon Pro Duo is equipped with a single 120mm radiator with the hose coming out near the I/O. Whether this is the final design featuring a hose that long is unclear.

Besides it's size and blackness the 3x 8-Pins are impressive too. Giving it a theoretical max. output of 525W. They surely played the safe card after the 295X2 was stretching the boundaries that much.

Together with the GPU AMD also announced a new VR-Headset featuring a 4.096 × 2.160 display. Closer information is not available. AMD is definitely going all in with this card giving the ultimate performance on a single PCB.

Source
Epic!! You should be doing news properly it's epic.
Old 16-03-16, 07:29 PM
OC3D Crew

Not seen it mentioned here yet - Sony have announced their VR solution will be released in October this year at £349.99. Linky.
Old 20-03-16, 06:40 AM
AMD Enthusiast

So pretty cool info imo.. Witcher 3 dialogue was basically all made by an algorithm! Yep.. all 35 hours of dialogue.. in addition some of the animations were done by this same algorithm as well.

Much more detailed information here. Very interesting read
http://www.pcgamer.com/most-of-the-w...-an-algorithm/