Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1021  
Old 14-03-16, 01:58 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 15,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
just beat me too it!!!

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #1022  
Old 14-03-16, 02:19 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
just beat me too it!!!
Ha
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1023  
Old 15-03-16, 12:03 AM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Cross Platform Networking

Cross platform network play coming soon? I imagine this means if you have the same game on PC or XBone or potentially PS4 then you can play online against each other. Whilst it doesn't specifically mention PS Network - would be living the dream if it works.

Looks like Rocket League will be the first officially supported title. Might have to jump on board I know it's pretty popular on this forum.

Xbox Wire release attached.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #1024  
Old 15-03-16, 12:43 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Cross platform network play coming soon? I imagine this means if you have the same game on PC or XBone or potentially PS4 then you can play online against each other. Whilst it doesn't specifically mention PS Network - would be living the dream if it works.

Looks like Rocket League will be the first officially supported title. Might have to jump on board I know it's pretty popular on this forum.

Xbox Wire release attached.
http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/
From what I understand, MS isn't making strict guidelines on it, just supporting the ability through servers it seems like so really the hard work must be done on the developer side. Seeing as DX12 already requires more work for a team, I don't know how popular this will be. Although it should be made slightly easier with Xbox/W10 considering they both run W10(albeit ones a custom version) iirc and use DX12
Reply With Quote
  #1025  
Old 15-03-16, 12:58 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,096
More Total War Warhammer news!


TWW is the next DX12 game, teaming up with AMD to help implement the feature in the future. Announced at GDC

“Creative Assembly has chosen AMD as exclusive GPU partner to bring Total War: Warhammer as a DirectX 12 game to market.”

http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2...12-partnership
Reply With Quote
  #1026  
Old 15-03-16, 01:00 AM
TPC's Avatar
TPC TPC is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: D:\BW\Stuttgart
Posts: 1,571


Just now AMD have revealed the Radeon Pro Duo. It's supposed to have up to 16 TFLOPS of compute power and is specially marketed towards VR-Software developers. That's also why the card has got a "professional" name like this and doesn't fall under the Fury naming scheme.

Earlier this year information about a Dual GPU card was leaked talking about a card with 12 TFLOPS which would have been just more than a 295X2 but now the 16 TFLOPS are official. Which makes sense given a single Fury Nano can reach 8.2 TFLOPS.



The Radeon Pro Duo is equipped with a single 120mm radiator with the hose coming out near the I/O. Whether this is the final design featuring a hose that long is unclear.



Besides it's size and blackness the 3x 8-Pins are impressive too. Giving it a theoretical max. output of 525W. They surely played the safe card after the 295X2 was stretching the boundaries that much.

Together with the GPU AMD also announced a new VR-Headset featuring a 4.096 × 2.160 display. Closer information is not available. AMD is definitely going all in with this card giving the ultimate performance on a single PCB.

Source
Reply With Quote
  #1027  
Old 15-03-16, 01:03 AM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
From what I understand, MS isn't making strict guidelines on it, just supporting the ability through servers it seems like so really the hard work must be done on the developer side. Seeing as DX12 already requires more work for a team, I don't know how popular this will be. Although it should be made slightly easier with Xbox/W10 considering they both run W10(albeit ones a custom version) iirc and use DX12
Yeah it's a step in the right direction though. Would be great to be able to play against XBone owners or PS4 players. The heavy lifting is done by the console or PC in the game so it really shouldn't be a matter of OS compatibility it's just the multiplayer data that needs to be either in a unified format or translatable.

I guess there would be other things that would need to work for lobbies and matchmaking etc. I have no idea how that side of things works. From a certain point it would make sense for developers for game longevity - if the multi player servers can handle multiple formats then as your active player base for each platform drops you can still have a reasonably active server.
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #1028  
Old 15-03-16, 02:10 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post


Just now AMD have revealed the Radeon Pro Duo. It's supposed to have up to 16 TFLOPS of compute power and is specially marketed towards VR-Software developers. That's also why the card has got a "professional" name like this and doesn't fall under the Fury naming scheme.

Earlier this year information about a Dual GPU card was leaked talking about a card with 12 TFLOPS which would have been just more than a 295X2 but now the 16 TFLOPS are official. Which makes sense given a single Fury Nano can reach 8.2 TFLOPS.



The Radeon Pro Duo is equipped with a single 120mm radiator with the hose coming out near the I/O. Whether this is the final design featuring a hose that long is unclear.



Besides it's size and blackness the 3x 8-Pins are impressive too. Giving it a theoretical max. output of 525W. They surely played the safe card after the 295X2 was stretching the boundaries that much.

Together with the GPU AMD also announced a new VR-Headset featuring a 4.096 × 2.160 display. Closer information is not available. AMD is definitely going all in with this card giving the ultimate performance on a single PCB.

Source
Epic!! You should be doing news properly it's epic.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #1029  
Old 16-03-16, 07:29 PM
Mysterae's Avatar
Mysterae Mysterae is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 969
Not seen it mentioned here yet - Sony have announced their VR solution will be released in October this year at £349.99. Linky.
Reply With Quote
  #1030  
Old 20-03-16, 06:40 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,096
So pretty cool info imo.. Witcher 3 dialogue was basically all made by an algorithm! Yep.. all 35 hours of dialogue.. in addition some of the animations were done by this same algorithm as well.

Much more detailed information here. Very interesting read
http://www.pcgamer.com/most-of-the-w...-an-algorithm/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.