Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #9551  
Old 29-09-18, 03:34 PM
Eddie long's Avatar
Eddie long Eddie long is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 453
[IMG][/IMG]

In preparation for my replacement of my all in one desktop

__________________
Life isn't always a bowl of cherry's.
Sometimes it's HARD WORK
Reply With Quote
  #9552  
Old 03-10-18, 12:58 PM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,251


My Nexus 5X was starting to show heavy signs of age, so I upgraded to the OnePlus 6. I was waiting for the 6T initially because of the smaller notch, but when I found out that it won't include a headphone jack, I immediately jumped on the 6 instead. Don't feel like fiddling with dongles which I will inevitably break. Plus, I watch Netflix while charging all the time, especially now that I have Dash Charge.

Bigger battery be damned, the OP6 gets me 7+ hours of screen on time, and it charges from 0 to 70% in like 30 minutes. Not too bothered by the lack of an on-screen fingerprint scanner, either. Got the silk white one with a red case for obvious reasons.
__________________
JavaBean: Ryzen 5 1600 / Corsair ML240L RGB / ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero / 16GB Corsair LPX / ASUS RX 580 Strix / Corsair RM750X / Fractal Design Meshify C

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)


Reply With Quote
  #9553  
Old 03-10-18, 01:08 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post


My Nexus 5X was starting to show heavy signs of age, so I upgraded to the OnePlus 6. I was waiting for the 6T initially because of the smaller notch, but when I found out that it won't include a headphone jack, I immediately jumped on the 6 instead. Don't feel like fiddling with dongles which I will inevitably break. Plus, I watch Netflix while charging all the time, especially now that I have Dash Charge.

Bigger battery be damned, the OP6 gets me 7+ hours of screen on time, and it charges from 0 to 70% in like 30 minutes. Not too bothered by the lack of an on-screen fingerprint scanner, either. Got the silk white one with a red case for obvious reasons.
I've been benchmarking and testing this phone in work. Outstanding performer so far. Very impressed. I might even order one myself once my contract allows.
Reply With Quote
  #9554  
Old 03-10-18, 04:41 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,291
Nice to see you around Average
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #9555  
Old 03-10-18, 05:23 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,885
Yeah good to see you kiddo.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #9556  
Old 03-10-18, 06:47 PM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I've been benchmarking and testing this phone in work. Outstanding performer so far. Very impressed. I might even order one myself once my contract allows.
Yeah, it's a beast. It seems to hit all the boxes for me so far. Even the camera, which people love to complain about, is very capable in my opinion. Especially if you know how to process RAW files. Take this picture of a random paprika I found in my garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Nice to see you around Average
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah good to see you kiddo.
Cheers fellas
__________________
JavaBean: Ryzen 5 1600 / Corsair ML240L RGB / ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero / 16GB Corsair LPX / ASUS RX 580 Strix / Corsair RM750X / Fractal Design Meshify C

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)


Reply With Quote
  #9557  
Old 04-10-18, 12:20 AM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: I was hoping you could tell me.
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post


My Nexus 5X was starting to show heavy signs of age, so I upgraded to the OnePlus 6. I was waiting for the 6T initially because of the smaller notch, but when I found out that it won't include a headphone jack, I immediately jumped on the 6 instead. Don't feel like fiddling with dongles which I will inevitably break. Plus, I watch Netflix while charging all the time, especially now that I have Dash Charge.

Bigger battery be damned, the OP6 gets me 7+ hours of screen on time, and it charges from 0 to 70% in like 30 minutes. Not too bothered by the lack of an on-screen fingerprint scanner, either. Got the silk white one with a red case for obvious reasons.

Enjoy it mate. I upgraded from my ancient Nexus 5 to the OnePlus 6 and I absolutely love it. Performance is top notch, camera is spot on and the battery lasts me 2-3 days at a time. It is genuinely one of the best phones on the market right now especially when taking price/performance into account
__________________
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.6GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue
ASUS RoG Strix Vega64 8GiB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Reply With Quote
  #9558  
Old 04-10-18, 07:39 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Enjoy it mate. I upgraded from my ancient Nexus 5 to the OnePlus 6 and I absolutely love it. Performance is top notch, camera is spot on and the battery lasts me 2-3 days at a time. It is genuinely one of the best phones on the market right now especially when taking price/performance into account
It's one of the best I have tested. And I have tested nearly every thing on the market, including those not released yet.

Down right top notch phone. It's price is definately worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #9559  
Old 04-10-18, 07:43 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
It's one of the best I have tested. And I have tested nearly every thing on the market, including those not released yet.

Down right top notch phone. It's price is definately worth it.
I wanted the One Plus 6 but I can't get it with my carrier so I ended up with a Pixel 2 XL. Much more expensive!
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #9560  
Old 04-10-18, 07:46 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I wanted the One Plus 6 but I can't get it with my carrier so I ended up with a Pixel 2 XL. Much more expensive!
Maybe someone in EU can help you out with an unlocked carrier version?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.