Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 20-04-17, 10:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Asrock have been better since they were alone. When they first started out it was so that they could release any cheap old crap they wanted to save the Asus branding from looking bad. Since being fully alone they have made some great stuff.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 20-04-17, 11:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Asrock have been better since they were alone. When they first started out it was so that they could release any cheap old crap they wanted to save the Asus branding from looking bad. Since being fully alone they have made some great stuff.
Figured as much. When my local store now only supplies ASrock boards I'd say they do that for a reason. They do "seem" like good quality these days.

plus maybe a major discount from ASrock for mobo sales from only one manufacturer snubbing others like MSI, Gigabyte etc etc...
Old 20-04-17, 11:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Figured as much. When my local store now only supplies ASrock boards I'd say they do that for a reason. They do "seem" like good quality these days.

plus maybe a major discount from ASrock for mobo sales from only one manufacturer snubbing others like MSI, Gigabyte etc etc...
If you want value Asrock usually have you fully covered. They also have an amazing team writing their BIOSes so usually go above and beyond for CPU support. They usually test and put in the code for Xeons for example, where as with other manus it's very much luck.

Old 20-04-17, 01:43 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
If you want value Asrock usually have you fully covered. They also have an amazing team writing their BIOSes so usually go above and beyond for CPU support. They usually test and put in the code for Xeons for example, where as with other manus it's very much luck.
The guy who torn down the MSI board really didn't like the ASRock Taichi BIOS. I didn't like my Z87 ASRock BIOS. The MSI Z97 one was better for me.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 20-04-17, 01:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
The guy who torn down the MSI board really didn't like the ASRock Taichi BIOS. I didn't like my Z87 ASRock BIOS. The MSI Z97 one was better for me.
Yeah it's a bit basic but it does everything it should. I prefer the old text bioses myself so it's here nor there for me. I don't think a bios needs to look like w**k polish.

Old 20-04-17, 01:57 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Yeah it's a bit basic but it does everything it should. I prefer the old text bioses myself so it's here nor there for me. I don't think a bios needs to look like w**k polish.
Did you watch the video on it? The BIOS has a few really weird quirks that makes enthusiast overclocking using the BLCK frustrating and time-consuming. It's not that it's basic, it's that it's condescending. It gives the users high-end components and features, but then keeps trying to tell you to stop using those components by reverting your settings to unusable ones that are 'safer'. He compared it to GPU Boost 3.0 where Nvidia took all the fun out of overclocking.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX