Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 28-07-18, 04:18 PM

Thanks, to do this, all I'll need is an extra USB flash drive to create the bootable USB media on (not SD disk or CD or any of that)? Also, when I install the old version of Windows 10 Home that I bought back in 2016, do you think it'll work fine enough for me to update to the newest version of Windows 10 Home (my new build has the Ryzen 7 2700X and ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard.)

Old 30-07-18, 05:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex0915 View Post
Thanks, to do this, all I'll need is an extra USB flash drive to create the bootable USB media on (not SD disk or CD or any of that)? Also, when I install the old version of Windows 10 Home that I bought back in 2016, do you think it'll work fine enough for me to update to the newest version of Windows 10 Home (my new build has the Ryzen 7 2700X and ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard.)
Yeah you will need iirc another 8GB flash drive, or burn the image to a dvd but it will be faster using a USB for the install.

You could try just using the windows update function to update to the latest build, but it will be faster and to install the old version, create a pen drive with the new version as I described and then install the new version.

If I install windows now using a USB it takes about 10 minutes to get in to windows, to start installing programs etc, if I was to install an old version and upgrade it would probably take a few hours.