Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-08-20, 10:59 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Wait, they don't do refunds? I would have thought the original etailer would step in and honor the transaction.
It's quite an interesting case...

The original monitor is around 2.5 years old, developed a defect so I RMA'd it. The following three replacements all had issue and defects.

When I complained to ASUS they offered to send another replacement which is brand new.

Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | HP Omen 27i, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 05-08-20, 02:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Upgrade time is upon me, time to retire CJ and start a fresh build. So as I type my Mobo and CPU are winding their way across the Peak District to complete the build and I'll post pictures a little later.

i74790k -> R5 3600X
1080Ti or RX5700XT (Have both so meh)
16GB DDR3 2300 -> 32GB DDR4 3200
Z97 Sabertooth -> B550 Motar Max
EVGA 650 -> EVGA 750
Define S -> Core V21

Gonna be a fun packed day.
Nice one man. Nice to see you Mr Quiet !

I've had a mental week. Really hitting stuff hard.. I was sick of paying £35 for bike stickers, given the material costs. When I asked about decals for this -

And was told $70 + $30 shipping and then customs charges etc I kinda blew a fuse. That really, really ed me off. So I decided it was finally time to do something about it and become a one man restoration team lol.

Did tons of research, settled on this because it prints A3, very well.

Got some 3m laminate (that's for cars so it is super tough)

Then set to work.

Printer came.

Bugger me inkjets have come a long way ! (that's decal vinyl btw)

And after a year I could finally do this.

And try mine on for size

Also refurbished some carbon cranks for my race bike.

Did lots of painting.

In the wind

So all I need to do now is strip and paint that frame, and another one is done.

TL;DR I've been very busy !

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 05-08-20, 02:52 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Upgrade time is upon me, time to retire CJ and start a fresh build. So as I type my Mobo and CPU are winding their way across the Peak District to complete the build and I'll post pictures a little later.

i74790k -> R5 3600X
EVGA 650 -> EVGA 750
Define S -> Core V21

Welcome to the all AMD club

Old 05-08-20, 10:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I second this
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 06-08-20, 10:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

i74790k -> R5 3600X
EVGA 650 -> EVGA 750
Define S -> Core V21

Oh man, seeing 4790K and Z97 Sabertooth throws me back; best motherboard I ever run. No M.2 slot but that didn't bother me; I still don't have an M.2 drive now, haha.
Old 06-08-20, 10:50 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Nice one man. Nice to see you Mr Quiet !
I've had a lot on my plate over the last 4 months, been furloughed also lost my sister so been a mad few months. Now back at work and everything is sorted so PCs have been my saviour once more. I'll also be more active on the forums now.
Quote:
You know I've been with team Red a few times I still have my Athlon 7750BE and Athlon 6000 plus the old Red pig the FX4100 (Fried) also the HD6790 and the current RX5700XT which is still in the other rig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Oh man, seeing 4790K and Z97 Sabertooth throws me back; best motherboard I ever run. No M.2 slot but that didn't bother me; I still don't have an M.2 drive now, haha.
Honestly is been a right work horse that combo and still running solid, our lass has been wanting to get into the PC gaming scene for ages and my upgrade itch was the perfect excuse. M.2 is the next upgrade for me and maybe a bit more RAM just because I'm hungry for power.
Old 06-08-20, 11:08 AM
OC3D Elite

You're making me want to upgrade now... Then again, Im rocking a 7700k with such a good mobo I don't need to.

its just I feel like im falling behind.

Still the best board I have ever had by far! To think I paid £600 at the time for the board and block. It also included a waterblock for M.2 drive as seen in pic below the CPU. And I look at the prices now of the same thing and its in excess of £1400 here.

Only thing I hated was the rotated PSU connector. While everything thinks its cool, it is a nightmare because of the placement always misaligns with grommet holes of every case I have used.
Old 06-08-20, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Sorry to hear about your sister man

That really blows.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 06-08-20, 02:05 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
I've had a lot on my plate over the last 4 months, been furloughed also lost my sister so been a mad few months. Now back at work and everything is sorted so PCs have been my saviour once more. I'll also be more active on the forums now.
My condolences bud, Sorry to hear that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
You're making me want to upgrade now... Then again, Im rocking a 7700k with such a good mobo I don't need to.

its just I feel like im falling behind.

Still the best board I have ever had by far! To think I paid £600 at the time for the board and block. It also included a waterblock for M.2 drive as seen in pic below the CPU. And I look at the prices now of the same thing and its in excess of £1400 here.

Only thing I hated was the rotated PSU connector. While everything thinks its cool, it is a nightmare because of the placement always misaligns with grommet holes of every case I have used.
There's quite a few instances where only having 4 cores will be a bit of a hindrance, A work friend of mine has a cherry picked 7700K that does 5.1GHz at silly low volts and he noticed games "felt" a hell of a lot smoother when he swapped it out for a 3900X and general workloads were worlds faster.

You going to see what Zen 3 brings or see what Intel brings with Skylake version 6 next year ?

Old 06-08-20, 02:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
My condolences bud, Sorry to hear that

There's quite a few instances where only having 4 cores will be a bit of a hindrance, A work friend of mine has a cherry picked 7700K that does 5.1GHz at silly low volts and he noticed games "felt" a hell of a lot smoother when he swapped it out for a 3900X and general workloads were worlds faster.

You going to see what Zen 3 brings or see what Intel brings with Skylake version 6 next year ?
Well I dont need the upgrades. Gamersnexus proved 7700 is still strong, and my clocks better than his. Ill upgrade when the games I do play are too much. So we will see when Cyberpunk is released. My monitor is 100hz max and so far, i can achieve that on close to maximum settings in every title.

I can patiently wait. Its just seeing everyone make the switch makes me want to as well

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk