Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 16-08-18, 10:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Famous last words buddy you'll get one you know you will
Around January maybe but with the 2080 coming out just say in September it would be pointless me getting 1 as I'll be working 6 days a week from 7AM to 9PM right up until November and then I'll be in the US for 3 months, That money the 2080 costs I could put towards my 3 month holiday for spends

=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=
Old 16-08-18, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Around January maybe but with the 2080 coming out just say in September it would be pointless me getting 1 as I'll be working 6 days a week from 7AM to 9PM right up until November and then I'll be in the US for 3 months, That money the 2080 costs I could put towards my 3 month holiday for spends
Wait for the 2080 Ti anyway. UNLIMITED POWER!
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | EVGA 1080 Ti, MSI 1070 Ti | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 16-08-18, 12:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I probably will as that was my original plan, Also depends on how long I stay in Texas for, If I can get an extension on my visa then I'll probably stay an extra 3 months

=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=
Old 16-08-18, 10:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I probably will as that was my original plan, Also depends on how long I stay in Texas for, If I can get an extension on my visa then I'll probably stay an extra 3 months
Enjoy your holiday mate!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 16-08-18, 11:22 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I will probably buy a super cheap 2nd hand 1080ti and then once the next gen comes out(3xxx series or 21xx) I will probably get as Ray Tracing by then should be a little more common and I bet the Ray Tracing capabilities will far outperform what the current 2xxx series will be capable of.
Old 17-08-18, 12:54 AM
Bettyswollocks

NBD it's a good plan.

Given the titles we have now and those that are going to be released within the next 2 - 3 years the current mid - high end cards will be more than enough, I highly doubt we'll see RT in games for a few years anyway as devs will have to recode and make engine changes and I'm almost certain that when RT does become a thing in games it'll be so primative in the early stages that there will be some form of software version.

It's all very exciting right now and I'm still blown away with the demos but hell I was the same with PhysX, Hair works, Grass works, please buy our cards gameworks! . I could be totally wrong and NVIDIA may very well be on the precipice of a new core standard and totally revolutionise the GPU, even so this isn't going to be cheap I could easily see the 2080 having a 4 figure price tag and the 2070 coming in around the £800 mark which leads me to believe a Ti variant is going to be a wallet smasher. This of cause is all speculation based on "if" these new cards actually get RT cores.

In conclusion I don't believe these new gaming cards will receive RT cores "just yet" only the Quadro cards but, possibly the next gen will.
Old 17-08-18, 03:14 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
NBD it's a good plan.

Given the titles we have now and those that are going to be released within the next 2 - 3 years the current mid - high end cards will be more than enough, I highly doubt we'll see RT in games for a few years anyway as devs will have to recode and make engine changes and I'm almost certain that when RT does become a thing in games it'll be so primative in the early stages that there will be some form of software version.

It's all very exciting right now and I'm still blown away with the demos but hell I was the same with PhysX, Hair works, Grass works, please buy our cards gameworks! . I could be totally wrong and NVIDIA may very well be on the precipice of a new core standard and totally revolutionise the GPU, even so this isn't going to be cheap I could easily see the 2080 having a 4 figure price tag and the 2070 coming in around the £800 mark which leads me to believe a Ti variant is going to be a wallet smasher. This of cause is all speculation based on "if" these new cards actually get RT cores.

In conclusion I don't believe these new gaming cards will receive RT cores "just yet" only the Quadro cards but, possibly the next gen will.
Unreal Engine has RayTracing support already I thought? Wasn't the first RT demo using UE4 with the MS RT API?

UE4 is by far the most popular engine on the market.
Old 17-08-18, 03:26 AM
Bettyswollocks

It was Demo'd at GDC back in March I remember it well as ILM were also involved, Epic did say that the technology would be made available later this year for developers to use via DXR API.
Old 17-08-18, 04:58 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
It was Demo'd at GDC back in March I remember it well as ILM were also involved, Epic did say that the technology would be made available later this year for developers to use via DXR API.
Oh i thought they said it was using Unreal. My bad
Old 17-08-18, 03:05 PM
OC3D Crew

https://imgur.com/a/tCz6smZ

Fk me I'm glad this blew up when I wasn't riding.

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die