Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 27-01-20, 06:50 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 16,832
Eve's crowd-designed Spectrum displays deliver 1440p at 240Hz on an IPS screen

Eve's plans to deliver the monitor that PC gamers want with its Spectrum lineup.



Read more about Eve's Spectrum series of high-resolution, high-refresh-rate gaming screens.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-01-20, 08:07 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,658
Finally a DP 1.4 option. Didn't expect 2.0 but it can do 1440p/240 with no compression so that's good enough for me.

Definitely interested in this for sure.
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-01-20, 12:49 PM
spolsh spolsh is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
But will anybody actually receive their displays ? Seems Eve have a bit of a reputation for not delivering the goods (or refunds).

https://www.reddit.com/r/evev/commen...ve_v_speak_up/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-01-20, 01:53 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,833
Its interesting, but while it might perform. The longevity is what concerns me.

If ASUS cant get that part right, what happens with these new kids on the block. Do they have the RMA strength a proper manufacturer should have? Or will these monitors survive the test of time?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-01-20, 03:46 PM
Deadtroopers Deadtroopers is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stockport
Posts: 43
I'll look into this fourth quarter of 2021 when the results are in, too many caveats here to do otherwise.

I'm using an LG monitor with an LG panel at the moment. Good monitor; the only complaint I've got about it is it was advertised as 1600 but it was immediately obvious it was 1440. The price was good; the monitor is large; so to much of a hassle to return - especially at the price point I picked it up at.

If the manufacturer of the panel can't do a completely bang-up job; I'm certainly not going to buy from a start-up with an already poor reputation that looks awfully like a scammer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-01-20, 04:36 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Its interesting, but while it might perform. The longevity is what concerns me.

If ASUS cant get that part right, what happens with these new kids on the block. Do they have the RMA strength a proper manufacturer should have? Or will these monitors survive the test of time?
Just to add on here
I saw over on Reddit that while this is using an LG display it's a 1080p display. So how in the world are they using a 1080p display for 1440/4k resolutions that are at that max range if refresh rate?

Idk if it's true but if it was it raises more questions about reliability
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-01-20, 04:41 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 16,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Just to add on here
I saw over on Reddit that while this is using an LG display it's a 1080p display. So how in the world are they using a 1080p display for 1440/4k resolutions that are at that max range if refresh rate?

Idk if it's true but if it was it raises more questions about reliability
Can you link to this? I honestly don't see how that can be true, a modern display has a fixed number of pixels. I think LG has 1080p screens with this new "fast IPS" panel type ATM, but higher-res versions are coming.

The 1440p 240Hz and 4K 144Hz panels will be using soon-to-be-released panels from LG, but they are going to be the resolution they promise.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28-01-20, 04:48 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Can you link to this? I honestly don't see how that can be true, a modern display has a fixed number of pixels. I think LG has 1080p screens with this new "fast IPS" panel type ATM, but higher-res versions are coming.

The 1440p 240Hz and 4K 144Hz panels will be using soon-to-be-released panels from LG, but they are going to be the resolution they promise.
You're probably correct. This monitor doesn't start production until Q3 2020 so they are probably waiting on the future LG panels that they announced at CES with all the latest and greatest stuff..

I'd link it but I was on mobile when I saw it yesterday morning. I'll try to find it


As a side note it's only a $100 fully refundable deposit to secure your spot. I'm debating it. I'm tired of 1440/144 TN panels!
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.