Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-04-18, 09:28 AM
News Guru

The PC version of Agony has an "optional patch" to remove the game's "censorship"

The game was censored to achieve a Mature rating.

Read more about Agony's "optional patch" that removes the game's "censorship".

Old 16-04-18, 10:25 AM

Good stuff! So we're seeing a return of the bloodpatches. Let's just hope, they're not going to make it available through Steam itself, or I as a German, will most likely get to see the infamous "This product is not available in your country." notification...
GPU: ASUS GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB
PSU: Corsair TX650M
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31
Old 16-04-18, 11:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to RzrTrek
I really despise censorship and stupid game rating system holding games back.
Old 16-04-18, 12:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RzrTrek View Post
Why? If they don't have such things in place, where will it stop?

They have the same censorship in place for Movies. Of course blood and gore adds to the realism and shock factor, but you can't let gaming/movie industry off the leesh with doing what they want. There does need to be limits.

The real issue I see is that such limitations differ greatly from country to country.
Old 16-04-18, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post

They have the same censorship in place for Movies. Of course blood and gore adds to the realism and shock factor, but you can't let gaming/movie industry off the leesh with doing what they want. There does need to be limits.

The real issue I see is that such limitations differ greatly from country to country.
Another issue is that movies and games are rated differently although both are (arguably) just art. We'll never know why the Deadpool movie got a 16+ rating in Germany, but every shooter, no matter the amount of blood and gore gets an 18+ rating.

//EDIT: Not sure if there should be limits, honestly. Have you played the old God of War games? They could've well been beyond those limits.
GPU: ASUS GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB
PSU: Corsair TX650M
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31
Old 16-04-18, 03:13 PM
OC3D Elite

The one thing I can not handle watching is torture and like, cruel horror. It just makes me feel sick.

I'd hazard a guess and say they deliberately made it very strong knowing it would sell copies if they released an uncensored version.

Definitely not my bag at all though.

Old 17-04-18, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post

Agreed, there are some very messed up minds in this world who are very eager to share their twisted views as art, and that's why we definitely need to have age restrictions, and make sure that studios, both of films and games, will have these restrictions if they want to insist on gore.

I'm 37 and I always turn blood off or pick another colour if I have the option (like green in Starcraft 2), because it's both an unwelcome distraction and something I find disturbing. And I don't want to be disturbed by entertainment, why would I? I want it to be relaxing and, well, entertaining. It should be about the narrative, not the amount of blood and gore.

Still, the technology is there to make it completely optional. Remember those hats as optional DLC in Team Fortress 2 all those years ago? Nothing technical is preventing studios to go that route for gore if they want to cater to that audience.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RzrTrek View Post
It is more of Microsoft and Sony holding back the games rather then the censorship ratings. If it wasn't for MS and Sony then the game could be released as a AO title on the consoles as well as PC.

Game ratings are good, they let people know what kind of game that they are buying which is especially nice for parents. Parents shouldn't need to do extensive reviewing of every single game that their kids play to ensure that they are not being exposed to things that are not suitable for the age group.