*Cough I'll just leave this here http://www.statsheep.com/LinusTechTips
Roughly £7000-$36,000 a month ? That's insane

Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 04-02-16, 03:39 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Roughly £7000-$36,000 a month ? That's insane
Yup! Also don't forget to subscribe, give us a like if you liked it and if you didn't... that's cool too... while we're on the subject of "Cool" our sponsor today is Original Source Tea Tree & mint shower gel for when you just need to experience the feeling of having snowman balls.

Sorry guys I'm not a fan of Linus squeeky t!ts. His voice drives me insane and the vast majority of his adverts, apologies "videos" are cringe worthy, racist, boring & corporately painful to view now.

Businesses do grow and need to expand this much is true... but, money should be made fair and square NOT begged and bartered for. In all honesty LTT should have their Patreon account suspended the LMG make enough revenue without having to continue to beg for it.
Old 04-02-16, 03:47 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
*Cough I'll just leave this here http://www.statsheep.com/LinusTechTips
Statsheep (and the other sites) can sometimes be hilariously inaccurate so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 04-02-16, 03:49 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Yup! Also don't forget to subscribe, give us a like if you liked it and if you didn't... that's cool too... while we're on the subject of "Cool" our sponsor today is Original Source Tea Tree & mint shower gel for when you just need to experience the feeling of having snowman balls.

Sorry guys I'm not a fan of Linus squeeky t!ts. His voice drives me insane and the vast majority of his adverts, apologies "videos" are cringe worthy, racist, boring & corporately painful to view now.

Businesses do grow and need to expand this much is true... but, money should be made fair and square NOT begged and bartered for. In all honesty LTT should have their Patreon account suspended the LMG make enough revenue without having to continue to beg for it.
His videos are racist ? Can't say I've noticed that
Battle.Net: Dicehunter#2746
Old 04-02-16, 03:50 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Statsheep (and the other sites) can sometimes be hilariously inaccurate so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Normally I'd agree fella, but even Pewdiepie has admitted they are correct... the projected earnings are all guess work I'll admit that.
Old 04-02-16, 04:04 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Normally I'd agree fella, but even Pewdiepie has admitted they are correct... the projected earnings are all guess work I'll admit that.
IIRC he has always been very open about how much he makes. Just because he said it is right it doesn't mean it is going to be accurate for anyone else.

That said it could also severely underestimate his earnings...
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 04-02-16, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure if those estimates include sponsorship's isn't it just based off YouTube ad revenue?

I think most people can understand the need for a media production company or any company for that matter to "diversify their revenue stream" BUT the public are the CONSUMER not the investor they are not selling equity of their company, they are not "sharing" anything they are a production company, they produce, we consume, we pay with advertisements and more advertisements (seriously 40% of pretty much every video is an advertisement)

This is just the same in my eyes as the drama with the Fine Bro's, its completely exploitative, they count on the viewers/donators/white knights who justify their practices being ignorant and easily susceptible to the most obvious marketing double speak.

I watch some videos from LinusTechTips however I would not believe a single review of a product, time and time again they has shown their willingness to completely ignore common product defects if they don't appear in their sample, which IMO as the largest Tech channel on YouTube is completely irresponsible and disingenuous to the audience, most of whom have a very limited budget to spend on a luxury like PC's/Monitors/F***ing $2000 underpowered Razer garbage,

They just ignore common complaints and potential issues of these incredibly expensive luxury items and then endorse them as a product fit for public consumption, when this money could be much better spent elsewhere like education,personal health or just better, alternative products, it's simply incredible that people donate or support them whatsoever.
Old 04-02-16, 05:26 PM
OC3D Crew

Eh well I don't care to be honest..

Linus makes some freaking excellent videos and I simply do not care if people wants to toss money at his feet for that, in whatever form. Nobody is forcing you to watch those videos or support them. I mean you can really argue for or against patreon for so many Youtube channels if they deserve it or not.

There's a lot of shady *stuff* going around with both Youtube and Twitch.tv, that I would simply suggest staying away if it conflicts with your moral standards. We're not the Internet Police afterall.
Old 04-02-16, 05:39 PM
OC3D Elite

He's a celebrity now. And like all celebrities he will probably fall at some point.

I have no malice toward him at all. I also don't think what he says to his employees is in any way serious, he just seems to joke around a lot.

Whatever he does though he's the best at it in the world right now. I mean seriously, many thousands of dollars for what? opening a box*.

It's almost like he's being paid for jacking off - fair play.

* I know he does more than that. That was a joke, like.

Old 04-02-16, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Ok. Now I fully understand what was/is happening. I did notice a change when he started making silly jokes and putting on more and more advertising.
I thought Patreon was for folks who really needed the money to help them get off the ground or get something started. For Linus, this seems to be just another revenue stream. Ah well. capitalism at it's best.