Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 28-05-15, 04:43 PM

What good itx cases, PSUs 8GB ram kits are about?

So I got spare parts about my house...

Currently spare
Intel Pentium G3258
Asus Z97I Plus
HyperX Fury 240GB SSD

Current rig
Intel Core i5 4690K
Corsair H105 with Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro PWM Fans
Asus Z97I Plus
16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2133MHz RAM
Gigabyte Windforce GTX780 (i know kinda stupid in small case)
500GB Samsung EVO SSD
1TB Samsung HDD
Thermaltake Toughpower 650W

The reason why I got spare parts around I had to get my Asus Maximus VI Impact RMAed due to pins bent, although its still being repaired due to a shipping mishap where the socket cover came off in shipping & rebent pins again... I was forced into getting a new mITX motherboard while I wait for my motherboard to be repaired.

The Maximus VI Impact will be for use in my rig when that returns as that managed to OC my i5 4690K to 4.7Ghz @1.31V and its extra fan header, which allows me to run all the fan in my case. I'm also wanting to do a case swap from my Bitfenix Phenom mITX for my main rig to something with a window, and a 80+ Gold PSU which is completely modular as I like to do my cable management and for future upgrades I may do in the future such as GPU and CPU for my rig at my dads house because for now it will be my Mum's PC for the TV before I get her a NUC.

Please don't suggest the Bitfenix Phenom, cause I got that case currently or the Prodigy as its got the same layout.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Old 28-05-15, 04:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Two standout cases for me at the moment are the Parvum mITX one, and the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mITX case. Both look utterly different to all the usual boxes. The Silverstone mITX cases are also sleek and discrete if you prefer that kind of style
Old 30-05-15, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davva2004 View Post
Two standout cases for me at the moment are the Parvum mITX one, and the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mITX case. Both look utterly different to all the usual boxes. The Silverstone mITX cases are also sleek and discrete if you prefer that kind of style
Parvum cases have caught my eye cause they damn look so good and unique compared with other cases, but trying to stuff a GTX780 Windforce in there wont happen due to the card being too damn long, unless I do full custom water cooling. Sliverstone cases look nice too but I do want something larger which can support AIO coolers, the Phanteks Evolv ITX Case was also another case which gained my attention, not only that fits my GPU too its a good option.

If I had a shorter card I would have gone with the Parvum case. Looks like the Phanteks Evolv ITX case is gonna be my next purchase

Tags
cases, psu, ram