Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 21-03-18, 02:04 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
The panel is the same in both the dell and acer and I don't think the dell is worth the 400 buck premium
They all almost have the same panels. But there is still a difference in quality. You can get an A or a B graded panel even if they are the same.

Old 21-03-18, 02:12 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
They all almost have the same panels. But there is still a difference in quality. You can get an A or a B graded panel even if they are the same.
Generally b-graded panels don't make it into expensive monitors, They get sold of to the likes of Korean ebayers who buy in bulk and then put their own stand, Housing on it etc...
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 21-03-18, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Since when did you get a new monitor? Haha you’ve started to become like me

There’s also the Acer Predator Z35P and the Dell Alienware AW3418DW, which I absolutely loved. Best monitor I’ve tried and the best looking as well. Had to return it due to the DisplayPort was defective unfortunately. But the first chance I’ll get, I’ll buy it
I had pretty much decided to get the X34p based on Dicehunter's glowing rec, what did you like about the Dell display over the Acer and Asus?
Old 21-03-18, 11:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Can't believe you are asking Dice that. He's the most undecided pc enthusiast known to man. The guy literally replaces everything every 5mins.

Countdown to next replacement

4:59
4:58
4:57
4:56
4:55

Old 21-03-18, 12:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
It's the other way around young Padawan. You have the master to learn from

Old 21-03-18, 05:54 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Generally b-graded panels don't make it into expensive monitors, They get sold of to the likes of Korean ebayers who buy in bulk and then put their own stand, Housing on it etc...
"Generally" isn't the same as never.
Just look at your Asus experience.
Old 22-03-18, 09:07 AM
The Webmaster

I'd still get the Samsung, HDR is great, but windows can't handle it in the OS anyway, and what few games exist that support it properly are... few. You don't need 1000 nits 18 inches away from your eyeballs, if you're running your monitor at that level of brightness you'll screw your vision anyway. For the money I reckon it's the best choice, I'm open to viewing OLED stuff, but there's no where I know of to go and view a decent OLED screen here, I'd likely change my mind if I saw one. But of all the screens I've seen, that Samsung is at the top until further notice. The colours and viewing angles (even on a curved screen) are simply divine.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 22-03-18, 09:10 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
"Generally" isn't the same as never.
Just look at your Asus experience.
Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I'd still get the Samsung, HDR is great, but windows can't handle it in the OS anyway, and what few games exist that support it properly are... few. You don't need 1000 nits 18 inches away from your eyeballs, if you're running your monitor at that level of brightness you'll screw your vision anyway. For the money I reckon it's the best choice, I'm open to viewing OLED stuff, but there's no where I know of to go and view a decent OLED screen here, I'd likely change my mind if I saw one. But of all the screens I've seen, that Samsung is at the top until further notice. The colours and viewing angles (even on a curved screen) are simply divine.
The Samsung is a great screen having had it but the HDR portion of it is poop, You make a good point about the brightness part but it only has 8 individual lighting zones which is minuscule.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 22-03-18, 09:20 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
OLED is still better atm. It's basically already HDR but you don't get the "fake" her we have now. Even if it's not 1000nits and unneeded it's still not hitting the mark for other HDR areas.
That said there's basically no OLED or HDR yet for monitors.
IPS and curved is basically the best we got now
Old 22-03-18, 11:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
OLED is still better atm. It's basically already HDR but you don't get the "fake" her we have now. Even if it's not 1000nits and unneeded it's still not hitting the mark for other HDR areas.
That said there's basically no OLED or HDR yet for monitors.
IPS and curved is basically the best we got now
I wouldn't buy oled even if it was out now they suffer burn in TV's I'd hate to see how bad they burn in monitor size, don't get me wrong they look amazing but until that issue is gone I wouldn't go near them, and I've seen just how bad they burn it's bloody terrible
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE