Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 09-08-19, 06:32 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Just took a 3 hour test.

Had to create an api/database/server from scratch with custom non persisting data(only persists on my local machine, not in the api itself) and also deploying it to the interwebs so i can interact with it that way too.

Would be an understatement to say it was easy. Not gonna lie my brain is hurting, not like a headache, like a sharp pain because I was thinking so hard nonstop for 3 hours. Worst part was I was stuck for 2 and a half hours on one function, once I fixed it I had to cram the remaining 80% of the test in 30 minutes. Dear god please never again...

Old 09-08-19, 10:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Just took a 3 hour test.

Had to create an api/database/server from scratch with custom non persisting data(only persists on my local machine, not in the api itself) and also deploying it to the interwebs so i can interact with it that way too.

Would be an understatement to say it was easy. Not gonna lie my brain is hurting, not like a headache, like a sharp pain because I was thinking so hard nonstop for 3 hours. Worst part was I was stuck for 2 and a half hours on one function, once I fixed it I had to cram the remaining 80% of the test in 30 minutes. Dear god please never again...
Well buddy hope you passed
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 10-08-19, 05:07 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Well buddy hope you passed
I did barely! What really sucks is I read the instructions wrong, so I ended up making the test FAR harder than what was required, but I wasn't the only one who made that mistake, out of 50 people only 17 passed, everyone was reading the instructions wrong. So they weren't clear for sure. Since the instructor messed up he let everyone retake it who didn't pass using clearer instructions, I don't think anybody failed the retake so far
Old 10-08-19, 10:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Wouldn't be the first time you've gotten the wrong end of the stick and ploughed on regardless

Congrats man. You've worked bloody hard at that.

Old 10-08-19, 10:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Well done mate, well done!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 11-08-19, 06:18 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Thank you both of you. I was really looking forward to this unit of database/server/API stuff but this instructor so far isn't all that great, compared to the previous instructor. So it's kinda ruining it for me. Just got to try harder and do some self-learning I guess.
Old 11-08-19, 01:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah with classes with bad instructors you have to get more critical I think and if you have the opportunity ask lots of questions especially if they're being vague as usually most other people will be in the same boat and wondering too, if you get a lot of work to do outside of lessons I think it's super useful if you do group work with others in the class after you've attempted it, if you have facebook group chats or something that helps a lot to suss out mistakes or the meaning of vague bits, and it at least gives other perspectives on questions and stuff.

If he one of those guys who just doesn't seem that into it when he goes through things there might be good material online that's worth using as same day after-class revision too, it's abit long but can help a lot, with coding especially ofc just doing examples is a great way to learn.
Old 12-08-19, 10:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Just heard that Alex Albon, a kid who went to school with my friend, has got his full Red Bull F1 drive half way through his rookie season. Really great achievement but he's been oozing talent all season, looks like Red Bull will be overtaking Ferrari by the end of the year.
Old 27-08-19, 03:38 PM
AMD Enthusiast

So at my school every 4 weeks we get to choose 6 projects we would like to do. Get randomly assigned one of those projects with other random people and to then make it in 4 1/2 days.

I got my 6th option of course.. lol
But it was an easy project, my first 5 were harder, similar but had little kinks to them. So it kinda sucks as I was hoping for more of a challenge. I completed 90% of it over the weekend so my web engineers could interact with my database/server. Just so they didn't have to wait for me to get it up and running and fall behind(worst thing ever from personal experience). But finished up last night. So got 2 days off easy now.

To make it harder figured I would just refactor my entire database from SQLite3 to something else. Doesn't seem to be to much work for 2 days. Although I say that now until I get stuck with no time left
Old 09-09-19, 10:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Dipped my toes to the used car market since there was a clean-looking and low mileage cheapo 106 nearby. Liked the car, and it seemed solid enough without rust in common spots. But opening the coolant cap revealed oil in a place where it doesn't belong.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk