Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 06-04-17, 06:02 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by meller View Post
When someone says Nvidia just continues to get worse or worse, or when we shame people for buying Titans.

I, personally buy into the Ti's. But I'm shamed before I upgrade my Ti's to each new generation Ti rather than doing a every other gen type of upgrade timeline. Not everyone buys performance to dollar ratios. Just because you use certain logic that you feel is the most sensible, doesn't mean you're the only one that is right in justifying which hardware you buy. Nvidia knows only a small percent will buy their Titan cards. Don't shame people because of what they pick. Perhaps they want to get even closer to that 144hz mark or higher for certain games at 4k and have the $$ to spend.

Don't be so judgmental and ugly. Just makes you look sad, salty, and slightly pathetic.
Ironically you​ are doing exactly what you are telling others not to do and the only salty is definitely you

I said they are getting worse and worse. So what? It's true. The way the treat the market like we are a bunch of mindless monkeys but we buy it anyway. That's why they I say it. Criticism is necessary otherwise nothing changes

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-04-17, 06:41 PM
gijoe50000 gijoe50000 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 46
I don't see the point in buying a single Titan. If you want something faster then EVERYONE else then buy as many Titans as you can fit in. Otherwise just buy two 1080Ti's instead.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-04-17, 07:26 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
OH god hide this from Dice
No chance mate, Getting Vegas top end card when it comes out, Business practices like this is why I've gone off Nvidia.
__________________
=AMD Ryzen 9 - 3950X @ 4.20GHz - XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra @ 2100/1800=

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-04-17, 07:27 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
No chance mate, Getting Vegas top end card when it comes out, Business practices like this is why I've gone off Nvidia.
Says this after buys a 1080ti
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-04-17, 07:28 PM
VonBlade's Avatar
VonBlade VonBlade is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Behind a keyboard
Posts: 1,198
A thousand pounds you say? Anyone fancy a really expensive and ultimately disappointing shag?
__________________
All spit, no polish.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-04-17, 07:34 PM
Tolemac's Avatar
Tolemac Tolemac is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bonkersville.UK
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
No chance mate, Getting Vegas top end card when it comes out, Business practices like this is why I've gone off Nvidia.
Me too bud I so need vega in my life I dont know what i'm doing with my 290X Vapor X maybe i'll frame it and put it on my wall
__________________

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-04-17, 07:52 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I'll happily be judgemental, because the people that jump on this stuff are the direct cause of insane GPU prices. I'm not concerned with how I look on a forum. Early adopters who jump on this stuff (Ti's included) are the REASON the prices are so high. If people would just lay off even for a little while, the Nvidia price gouging might actually stop. Think whatever you want about me, my opinion stands. We're all entitled to opinions, and I'm not being overly harsh here IMO. Trust me, I could say a lot worse things.
Hear hear. They p155 and moan and then they crumble. *sigh*.

There's a thread on OCUK forums atm about this card. Loads of people complaining etc, then saying they are cancelling their 1080Ti pre orders and getting this instead.



Hint - the green fellow in the middle is Nvidia.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-04-17, 07:57 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I'll happily be judgemental, because the people that jump on this stuff are the direct cause of insane GPU prices. I'm not concerned with how I look on a forum. Early adopters who jump on this stuff (Ti's included) are the REASON the prices are so high. If people would just lay off even for a little while, the Nvidia price gouging might actually stop. Think whatever you want about me, my opinion stands. We're all entitled to opinions, and I'm not being overly harsh here IMO. Trust me, I could say a lot worse things.
Inflation is also a factor. Nvidia's cards have been expensive at different points in their lifetime when inflation is factored in. My gripe is that Pascal is only so expensive because AMD have had no retort.

__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-04-17, 08:50 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,048
I'm gonna bet they'll release a 1080 Ti V2, 3 months after this comes out with all CUDA cores enabled minus 1 GB of memory.
__________________
=AMD Ryzen 9 - 3950X @ 4.20GHz - XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra @ 2100/1800=

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-04-17, 09:28 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,844
The tactic Nvidia appears to be adopting that many have fallen prey to: 'Don't buy a Titan Xp. Buy a 1080Ti instead as it's much better value.' Nvidia want guys like JaysTwoCents to say that. They'd rather sell the 1080Ti over the Titan Xp. They probably make more money off of it just because of how many more will buy it. The AIB partner variations and the lower price tag really help move a product. The 1080Ti will be marketed for gamers and gamers will buy them in troves. The Titan series twisted their perception of value and set up the Titanium edition to be a slam dunk. Nvidia's saying, let's make the Titan look like the bad guy, then swoop in and save the day with the Ti. And all the while Nvidia is making money. No matter what the consumer chooses to do, Nvidia makes money. They have created a self-sustaining cycle of income and swallowed the market. Their marketing team is incredibly clever and manipulative.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.