Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 11-06-17, 06:10 PM

I like the look of this board. If i can turn off the RGB lights and get rid of the word gaming It could be a serious contender for me. MSI boards in more neutral colours are a winner.

6700k @4.8ghz at 1.36v
Corsair ddr4 pc 3000
Asus Maximus Hero
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old 13-06-17, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Dude this site isn't biased one way or the other and doesn't "Advertise" as you say unless it's in the advertisement section so no need to be rude! It just provides the information so that you can have the relevant information so that you may make an informed choice.
LOL, as highlighted in my post, it blatantly DOES NOT provide the relevant information so that one may be able to make an informed choice. On the contrary, it glosses over vital information that any prospective purchased of X299 deserves to know. This naturally leads to the question as to why, given this is a hot topic of discussion amongst almost every journalist and savvy consumer right now, yet this "preview" chooses to avoid it. Why would it choose to do this? Hardly 'rude' to assume this may be because someone doesn't want to upset Intel/MSI, quite logical in fact.
Old 13-06-17, 01:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post
LOL, as highlighted in my post, it blatantly DOES NOT provide the relevant information so that one may be able to make an informed choice. On the contrary, it glosses over vital information that any prospective purchased of X299 deserves to know. This naturally leads to the question as to why, given this is a hot topic of discussion amongst almost every journalist and savvy consumer right now, yet this "preview" chooses to avoid it. Why would it choose to do this? Hardly 'rude' to assume this may be because someone doesn't want to upset Intel/MSI, quite logical in fact.
It's called NDA, and besides, how many other previews have you found on YouTube? At the time this one went up and I haven't found a single one. You seem to want something discussed, yet don't mention what; wait for the full reviews. I truly don't understand what it is that you want?
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Old 13-06-17, 02:07 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Its a preview not a review. Ive skirted the NDA as close as I can, this is more there for hardware enthusiasts to get an early look at the new hardware.

Full Review will be live as soon as I can after the CPU NDA on the 19th

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 13-06-17, 03:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
If you seriously think Tom makes reviews and doesn't point out stuff that would upset a company then you haven't been watching many of his reviews, he pointed out on 1 of MSI's motherboards that the Bio's was way over volting, he's said he hasn't done 1 of gigabytes boards because their bio's is crap, he stopped getting stuff from NZXT because he ripped 1 of their cases to pieces. Simply it's the reason alot of us here trust Tom because he doesn't hold back
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 13-06-17, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
It's called NDA, and besides, how many other previews have you found on YouTube? At the time this one went up and I haven't found a single one. You seem to want something discussed, yet don't mention what; wait for the full reviews. I truly don't understand what it is that you want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Its a preview not a review. Ive skirted the NDA as close as I can, this is more there for hardware enthusiasts to get an early look at the new hardware.

Full Review will be live as soon as I can after the CPU NDA on the 19th
You don't need a review to see the obvious shortcomings of X299, nor does talking about them in any way breach an NDA.
Old 13-06-17, 07:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
You don't need a review to see the obvious shortcomings of X299, nor does talking about them in any way breach an NDA.
If you're more into a dying, as you obviously point out, why are you in an Intel platform thread. If you are looking for videos screaming at Intel, YouTube is full of them (it's a trend now). It's also obvious you're not giving up arguing.

Wait for the full review is my last message.
Old 13-06-17, 07:38 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
If know one talked about it. How would you even come to your conclusion that it has shortcomings? You wouldn't. You're basically trying to tell a writer not to write. If they all did that, you'd be guessing what the new platform is about. So instead of being an idiot and trying to troll and call out every media outlet, do yourself a favor and just stop posting before you end up banned from all these outlets that grow tired of your terrible trolling attempts
Old 14-06-17, 11:46 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
I do laugh at the "up to 44 PCI-E lanes".... yeah, if you spend £1000 on a CPU!! Only 24 or even 16 below that! Disgraceful if you intend on going SLI and populating the board with M.2 drives and/or other PCI-E devices. With SLI you'll only get the USE of one M.2, perhaps NONE if you choose the wrong CPU. Seriously, it's an absolute joke, yet this paid for Intel/MSI advertisement (sorry "preview") glosses over that fact.

Yes, single GPU owners (as the majority are I know) don't need to worry so much (although they could still easily max them out), but 16/24 PCI-E lanes in 2017 on the bulk range of a flagship CPU release is just ridiculous.

I'm done with Intel and their utter disdain for the consumer. This is a cash grab and nothing more. Everyone needs to go with AMD Threadripper and teach Intel a lesson. They need to wake up.
To add some balance here. CPU lanes are JUST for GPU usage.

There are dedicated PCIE lanes on the X299 chipset for M.2 etc

Id genuinely suggest that you change the brand of coolaid youre drinking btw. There are some bad points but tbf youve not covered any of them because videos have not been made about them yet.

Im all for AMD and Threadripper looks great but if Im honest people like you just respouting info from certain videos is getting beyond a joke and actually devaluing any arguments you could have if you actually thought for yourselves for a second.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 21-06-17, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
If know one talked about it. How would you even come to your conclusion that it has shortcomings? You wouldn't. You're basically trying to tell a writer not to write. If they all did that, you'd be guessing what the new platform is about. So instead of being an idiot and trying to troll and call out every media outlet, do yourself a favor and just stop posting before you end up banned from all these outlets that grow tired of your terrible trolling attempts
And there we go... a negative comment = trolling. That didn't take long. The potential issues with certain X299 CPUs don't need to be NDA'd not to discuss and I fail to see how a preview should skirt entirely around them. Otherwise it does simply come across more as an 'advert'. All moot anyway though, now that reviews ARE starting to appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
To add some balance here. CPU lanes are JUST for GPU usage.

There are dedicated PCIE lanes on the X299 chipset for M.2 etc

Id genuinely suggest that you change the brand of coolaid youre drinking btw. There are some bad points but tbf youve not covered any of them because videos have not been made about them yet.

I'm all for AMD and Threadripper looks great but if Im honest people like you just respouting info from certain videos is getting beyond a joke and actually devaluing any arguments you could have if you actually thought for yourselves for a second.
I am not maligning the ENTIRETY of X299, I didn't mean to give that impression, but I was alluding to specific issues that I thought were more obvious and that I hoped would have at least been mentioned in a preview. Namely Kaby Lake-X, arguably the most pointless chipset in living memory. I am not regurgitating info from anywhere else, the specs are plain to see in black and white, and it's quite evident someone could legitimately spend the better part of £1K on a motherboard, CPU and RAM only to find they can't populate all their RAM slots and be extremely limited as to other devices they can use.

Hopefully reviews make this (and other facts) abundantly clear.