Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 08-06-17, 09:46 PM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Hmm indeed. I feel in safer hands with Asus.
And not having X370 Titanium review for a long time because Tom is till fighting with their BIOS team, as he mentioned, doesn't smell that good for MSI. For a flagship board with insane price they are not delivering.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-17, 07:10 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 13,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Hmm indeed. I feel in safer hands with Asus.
I think with intel right now the major brands are solid. AMD on the other hand the Asus BIOS team is just on point, so it makes it hard to recommend anything else due to the fact we don't know if anyone is as stable as Asus due to there constant updates.
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-06-17, 12:27 PM
MSIRawZ's Avatar
MSIRawZ MSIRawZ is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Posts: 2,317
Send a message via MSN to MSIRawZ Send a message via Skype™ to MSIRawZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
And not having X370 Titanium review for a long time because Tom is till fighting with their BIOS team, as he mentioned, doesn't smell that good for MSI. For a flagship board with insane price they are not delivering.
Actually that was AMD not sending TTL a sample for ages.

If you see around other places and TTL reviews for our RYZEN boards, voltages are spot on better than ASUS/GBT at time of testing.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-06-17, 12:34 PM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIRawZ View Post
Actually that was AMD not sending TTL a sample for ages.

If you see around other places and TTL reviews for our RYZEN boards, voltages are spot on better than ASUS/GBT at time of testing.
I do remember Tom mentioning in one of his videos that the voltages were really good atm
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-06-17, 12:42 PM
Ri3 Ri3 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
I Have A Bunch Of MSi Military class 4 stuff in the cp brain someone help me out here

It won't let me put pics , if you know anything about gaming computers please do message me I'll send pics of it all
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-06-17, 02:12 PM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri3 View Post
It won't let me put pics , if you know anything about gaming computers please do message me I'll send pics of it all
You can't post pictures because your post count is simply 1, when you get more posts you'll be able to post pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-06-17, 01:25 PM
atomicus atomicus is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 12
I do laugh at the "up to 44 PCI-E lanes".... yeah, if you spend £1000 on a CPU!! Only 24 or even 16 below that! Disgraceful if you intend on going SLI and populating the board with M.2 drives and/or other PCI-E devices. With SLI you'll only get the USE of one M.2, perhaps NONE if you choose the wrong CPU. Seriously, it's an absolute joke, yet this paid for Intel/MSI advertisement (sorry "preview") glosses over that fact.

Yes, single GPU owners (as the majority are I know) don't need to worry so much (although they could still easily max them out), but 16/24 PCI-E lanes in 2017 on the bulk range of a flagship CPU release is just ridiculous.

I'm done with Intel and their utter disdain for the consumer. This is a cash grab and nothing more. Everyone needs to go with AMD Threadripper and teach Intel a lesson. They need to wake up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-06-17, 02:10 AM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post
I do laugh at the "up to 44 PCI-E lanes".... yeah, if you spend £1000 on a CPU!! Only 24 or even 16 below that! Disgraceful if you intend on going SLI and populating the board with M.2 drives and/or other PCI-E devices. With SLI you'll only get the USE of one M.2, perhaps NONE if you choose the wrong CPU. Seriously, it's an absolute joke, yet this paid for Intel/MSI advertisement (sorry "preview") glosses over that fact.

Yes, single GPU owners (as the majority are I know) don't need to worry so much (although they could still easily max them out), but 16/24 PCI-E lanes in 2017 on the bulk range of a flagship CPU release is just ridiculous.

I'm done with Intel and their utter disdain for the consumer. This is a cash grab and nothing more. Everyone needs to go with AMD Threadripper and teach Intel a lesson. They need to wake up.
Dude this site isn't biased one way or the other and doesn't "Advertise" as you say unless it's in the advertisement section so no need to be rude! It just provides the information so that you can have the relevant information so that you may make an informed choice.
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-06-17, 03:46 AM
You_What? You_What? is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 730
Looks good, hasn't 3D printing been around for a while, remember it for some ASus parts, though I don't recall it for MSI parts, could be wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-06-17, 04:33 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: In a hobbit hole.
Posts: 7,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri3 View Post
It won't let me put pics , if you know anything about gaming computers please do message me I'll send pics of it all
You can post pictures but you'll have to use an image hosting site such as imgur or photobucket, due to you being new however your posts will have to be authorised first.
__________________

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.