Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 19-05-17, 11:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
I agree in that its not the smartest thing. But this is for noobs, so it just has to be simple.
A bay res is more or less guaranteed to fit without the risk of having to drill holes and stuff like that. And with soft tubing, just make the tubes long enough, so that the bay-res can be pulled a couple of centimeters out.
I'd say it's for beginners. Noobs is more people who aren't very good at something, but have tried it.

Old 19-05-17, 11:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I'd say it's for beginners. Noobs is more people who aren't very good at something, but have tried it.
Actually even then I can't see the logic.

Let's say you get this set. You are either going to be putting it in a very old case with 3 bays, or doing a cowboy job to fit it in somehow, definately not something for beginners to do.

Scenario 2, you are doing a full build and get a new case... how many have 3 bays in todays market?
Old 19-05-17, 11:56 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Noob = Newbie = Newcomer = Beginner

So if in a game you are called a Noob and have been playing the game for ages, then yes, the person saying/typing it, is probably implying that he/her don't think you are very good at it
Old 22-05-17, 01:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Well to counter the 'this is pointless' argument, EK already do a tube res/pump combo version of this kit so this kit is targeted at people that do have the old 5.25 bays available but maybe not enough space due to 3.5" drive caddies to mount the tube res version.

Also if you go to your favourite etailer, have a look at cases for sale and count up how many cases have the 5.25s and whilst it may be surprising - the majority still do. Antec, Coolermaster, Corsair, Be Quiet. All have current options with 2 or more 5.25s and don't forget how many legacy cases are out there.

Filling can be done by sliding the res forward and out of the bracket using the quick release. Just use enough tubing to have some slack.

I'm not saying it's the best option but it's perfectly valid and sits alongside the current kits quite nicely. Everything you need for a simple WC build in one kit. Surely more options and more choice in how you go about your build is a better thing?

Old 22-05-17, 11:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
Noob = Newbie = Newcomer = Beginner

So if in a game you are called a Noob and have been playing the game for ages, then yes, the person saying/typing it, is probably implying that he/her don't think you are very good at it
Yes but calling someone a "beginner" is one thing, calling them a "noob" is more meant in an offensive way... You don't call someone a "noob" for simply being a beginner, you call them that cause you think they suck. Ie, "wanting" to be offensive about it.
Old 22-05-17, 02:53 PM

I know some that ek missed the boat but maybe this is there way of enticing the beginners of which I'm still a newbie to water cooling on the cheaper end of the case market which still have multiple bays