Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 07-04-17, 03:42 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

I've been using the creator update since beta a few months back, had the full RC version a couple of weeks ago. All works well, game mode is temperamental on the best of days, it will only work with some games and not others, not really noticed any difference on my system when using it.

As for the privacy settings, there are no new settings, just finally all on one screen so you don't have to go hunting for them. It's all a step in the right direction!

Old 07-04-17, 04:04 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I updated yesterday, it seems slightly more stable and smooth. No bugs yet either and all my software didn't need to be updated but I did it anyway(been a long time anyways)
Old 08-04-17, 01:29 AM
Advanced Member

Send a message via Skype™ to CalVic
I'd advise not to install this newest update.

I haven't had any issues with Windows 10. However, this update has seriously ed me off.

1. Custom boot configurations have been wiped.
2. It's completely ed my network stack.

As in, it's removed all the VLANs I had configured, and to make matters worse. Completely ed the stack. So much so, that it's impossible for me to fix. Open the networking properties - it doesn't load. Try and remove the device from Device Manager - It hangs, and doesn't work. Try and re-install the latest Intel Drivers - It hangs. Try and configure static addressing via command prompt and powershell - Doesn't want to know.

Try and do the same within Safe Mode - It doesn't want to know.

Custom boot loader options have been wiped, so would have to configure those again.

Luckily been able to roll back and all is well again.

ing microsoft.

EAT-SLEEP-OVERCLOCK
Old 08-04-17, 08:34 AM
OC3D Elite

I have had serious network issues with Windows 10. I had to try various different DNS, as for some reason it hated mine.

I also had the weirdest issues with Flash content. IE - I tried every single browser known to man, reset them, installed the Flash player/plugin, enabled it, tested it, yet for some reason none of the football streams I watch worked. I tried wired, wireless, literally everything under the sun.

Switch to Ubuntu? it all works again

I mean seriously, who'd have ever thought that switching to Linux would actually gain you more functionality than using Windows? that's the very reason why Linux never caught on !

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 08-04-17, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Windows 10 was a terrible release for anything other then consumer use.

It took Microsoft and Intel almost 2 years to fix VLAN and Teaming on Windows 10. Plus it's the most privacy breaching OS to come about in years.

EAT-SLEEP-OVERCLOCK
Old 08-04-17, 10:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalVic View Post

It took Microsoft and Intel almost 2 years to fix VLAN and Teaming on Windows 10. Plus it's the most privacy breaching OS to come about in years.
Problem is that whatever they broke they applied to Windows 7 and also Windows 8.1.

I have three PCs all sat next to each other and the weakest of the three had Win 7 on, with the middle one (my daily driver) having Windows 8.1 and finally my powerful beast having 10 on. And all of them did the exact same thing through every browser, update, etc etc.

I honestly thought that Plusnet had succumbed to bullying from content creators and had physically blocked me from watching these streams which I admit are not legal. There are two different flash players being used by these streams. One of them went down about three months ago so I figured it was blocked. Then two weeks ago the other one stopped working so I was forced to listen to the radio.

Then I install Ubuntu and like magic they all worked again.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 08-04-17, 10:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

I agree with this.

IMO Windows 10 is just as bad as Windows Vista and Windows ME in terms are people having issues after issue and i just can't get past all of the privacy stuff either.

But if you run Windows 10 your the beta tester is Microshaft cause of that idiot firing all of the in house Beta testers.
Old 08-04-17, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
I agree with this.

IMO Windows 10 is just as bad as Windows Vista and Windows ME in terms are people having issues after issue and i just can't get past all of the privacy stuff either.

But if you run Windows 10 your the beta tester is Microshaft cause of that idiot firing all of the in house Beta testers.
Yeah, don't get my wrong. They've done some nice things such as as native bash via Ubuntu integration etc. But the direction in which they've gone is terribly wrong.

For the average user, they are not going to mess with privacy settings as such. It's easy to disable all the telematics via GPO and SecPol etc, but the question should be, why should I have to do this in the first place? It should be disabled by default and opt-in for those who would like to contribute.

I suspect I'll have to remove my VLANs and uninstall the NIC prior to updating again..

EAT-SLEEP-OVERCLOCK
Old 08-04-17, 12:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Yeah, don't get my wrong. They've done some nice things such as as native bash via Ubuntu integration etc. But the direction in which they've gone is terribly wrong.

For the average user, they are not going to mess with privacy settings as such. It's easy to disable all the telematics via GPO and SecPol etc, but the question should be, why should I have to do this in the first place? It should be disabled by default and opt-in for those who would like to contribute.

I suspect I'll have to remove my VLANs and uninstall the NIC prior to updating again..
Which is good i guess for the people who use Bash but the more i read up about this new Windows 10 "Update the more i'm happy that i'm not using it.

Microsoft has 100's & 100's of IP address for the data mining so you really can't disable everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said this in a different thread but as per normal i got told i was wrong but anywho, This is from Barnacules Twitter which confirms what i said in the other thread.

But hmmm i got told i was wrong
Old 08-04-17, 01:44 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Which is good i guess for the people who use Bash but the more i read up about this new Windows 10 "Update the more i'm happy that i'm not using it.

Microsoft has 100's & 100's of IP address for the data mining so you really can't disable everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said this in a different thread but as per normal i got told i was wrong but anywho, This is from Barnacules Twitter which confirms what i said in the other thread.

But hmmm i got told i was wrong

First thing I noticed, when you are in my computer and want to uninstall something the windows that opens is the one from the settings, if you want the old win7 programs and features you have to do one more click which annoys me. ALSO, I won't say I agree or disagree with barnacules as I haven't tried it yet but I can't take him seriously when he made an entire video whining that MS ruined his weeked because of some bluescreen that only took a couple of cmd commands to fix with a repair disk and he did a complete re-install...

the update also disabled restore points...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you know how everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why