Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 21-02-17, 08:07 PM
SaaintJimmy SaaintJimmy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCase View Post
So much detail... Really like where this is going!

Those 45 bends you have on the GPU runs..? Are those kinked or just the pictures and gpu heatsink thingy messing with me?
The longer one is actually a bit squished, because I don't really like how the Alphacool silicon guide works (a little too small). I'll try to redo it but I think it will be totally invisible once filled!

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22-02-17, 10:54 AM
NoobCase NoobCase is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaaintJimmy View Post
The longer one is actually a bit squished, because I don't really like how the Alphacool silicon guide works (a little too small). I'll try to redo it but I think it will be totally invisible once filled!
what tubing are you using? 12mm OD? Brand? You could try ordering the silicon insert from EK or one of the other manufactures to see if those have a better fit.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22-02-17, 02:31 PM
SaaintJimmy SaaintJimmy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCase View Post
what tubing are you using? 12mm OD? Brand? You could try ordering the silicon insert from EK or one of the other manufactures to see if those have a better fit.
These are 16/13, I normally use the EK guide for 12mm ID and it works just fine, even with Alphacool tubes. I requested 16/12 tubes to Aquatuning and they sent me 16/13 by mistake. I don't bother, next time I'll just use 16/12
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-03-17, 10:00 AM
SaaintJimmy SaaintJimmy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 59
Little update guys! More to come next week

















Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-03-17, 07:11 PM
Skeeper Skeeper is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 57
Definitely better suited insert thicker than the one that has clearances inside the tube in.

Many persons have problems with this.
Personally for tubes with an inner diameter of 13mm, I use an insert with a diameter of 14mm.
For pipes with an inner diameter of 8mm, I use an insert with a diameter of 8,8mm.

I understand that you will not be corrected, these tubes - leave as is?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-03-17, 11:28 AM
SaaintJimmy SaaintJimmy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeper View Post
Definitely better suited insert thicker than the one that has clearances inside the tube in.

Many persons have problems with this.
Personally for tubes with an inner diameter of 13mm, I use an insert with a diameter of 14mm.
For pipes with an inner diameter of 8mm, I use an insert with a diameter of 8,8mm.

I understand that you will not be corrected, these tubes - leave as is?
Sorry but I didn't understand your question

How do you manage to fit a 14mm insert in a 13mm tube? It's like putting an M4 screw in an M3 hole that must be a pain to remove it once the bend is done!
Anyway, what brand are your inserts?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-03-17, 07:46 PM
Skeeper Skeeper is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 57
Thus I formulate the question differently - if the you corrected these tubes?
(bending of them, flattened arches, uneven arches, etc.)? - CLICK

Application to insert 14mm narrower tube is possible.
I do it only on a straight stretch.
If you are already a bow, it still does not make sense to carry out the insert by it - but - the condition is to do it properly.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14-03-17, 06:11 PM
SaaintJimmy SaaintJimmy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeper View Post
Thus I formulate the question differently - if the you corrected these tubes?
(bending of them, flattened arches, uneven arches, etc.)? - CLICK

Application to insert 14mm narrower tube is possible.
I do it only on a straight stretch.
If you are already a bow, it still does not make sense to carry out the insert by it - but - the condition is to do it properly.
The bends on the frosted tubes are correct, the light could make them look weird but they're ok!

What brand your 14mm insert is?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 14-03-17, 09:39 PM
Skeeper Skeeper is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 57
OK, I understand, and thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry too, that previously have not written about the company insert.
Insert is not a brand - it comes from a company producing semi-finished plastics, silicones, rubber and other materials that I use in my work..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14-03-17, 10:42 PM
SaaintJimmy SaaintJimmy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeper View Post
OK, I understand, and thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry too, that previously have not written about the company insert.
Insert is not a brand - it comes from a company producing semi-finished plastics, silicones, rubber and other materials that I use in my work..
Uhmm, I might look for something like that too! Because in the end it's just silicon, it's not something very specific
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.