Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-05-17, 02:00 PM
News Guru

Steam announce changes to their trading card system

Valve has announced changes to their Steam Trading Card system to clamp down on "fake games" and abuse of the system.

Read more on Valve's changes to the Steam Trading Card system.
Old 17-05-17, 05:20 PM
Bettyswollocks

The only cards I keep are the shinys, everything else gets sold. Made £10 last year on trading cards alone. Might consider selling my shinys collection one day as they fetch much better money but for now I'll sit on them and let the value rise.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 18-05-17, 08:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
The only cards I keep are the shinys, everything else gets sold. Made £10 last year on trading cards alone. Might consider selling my shinys collection one day as they fetch much better money but for now I'll sit on them and let the value rise.
I have loads of these I don't even care about. What is the whole point of them? just to collect full sets?
Old 18-05-17, 09:23 AM
AMD Enthusiast

I save mine. I'll sell all my cards eventually except Witcher cards and probably TW. I'm just to big a fanboy to get rid of them
Old 18-05-17, 09:44 AM
The Webmaster

Give em to me, I want all the badges!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 18-05-17, 09:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Honestly, I think I'm one of the youngsters in here and to me, this just screams childish. I mean, when I was in middle school and around 10 years old, this was popular. But today, in 2017 though?....
Old 18-05-17, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Honestly, I think I'm one of the youngsters in here and to me, this just screams childish. I mean, when I was in middle school and around 10 years old, this was popular. But today, in 2017 though?....
I wouldn't say there's anything childish about it, pointless maybe, but there's nothing immature about collecting and trading.
Old 19-05-17, 08:31 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Utilising paying adults with disposable income is not childish at all... It's just collectable stuff, that gives you more collectable stuff. (when you 'craft' badges, you get extra bits n pieces, profile backgrounds, emoticons, wallpapers, and other media, also, profile xp). It's just a little extra thing you get for playing the games.. how is that childish?

By this logic do you think Magic the gathering cards are childish? Pokemon? Tabletop gaming? Boardgames?
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 18-05-17, 08:18 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Nothing childish about it. Adults still collect and trade Pokemon cards.
Heck as a comparison:
Adults collect Star Wars figures/books/etc
Adults collect LOTR figures/books/props/etc.
Adults(well not many.. just me lol) horde everything Witcher related

Honestly though. It is not childish. It's just something fun even if it has no point to it.