Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 06-11-18, 05:10 PM
OC3D Crew

Help Finding Sleeved Cables for HX1000 PSU

I need some better cables for this PSU (Platinum edition) as the ones provided are really stiff and causes clutter in certain places. Problem is I can't seem to find any cable sets that supports this PSU.

Been looking at Corsair's website, there are some cables there but they all specifically does NOT mention HX series, only HXi series. Besides that they are shrink wrapped at the connectors. So I looked at CableMod, also here agin their cables does not mention HX series only HXi, except their new Pro series of cables. But those cable sets are not complete from what I can tell. Seems like they are missing a few PCI-e and SATA cables.

Any suggestions, or could someone actually provide info on the HX vs HXi difference besides from the HXi being digital. Seems the cables don't match?

Edit: I need RM/RMi cables for the Platinum version of HX1000? That it?

Old 06-11-18, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

I think BitFenix CSR range are compatible with that PSU
Old 06-11-18, 08:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
best thing to do is email cablemod direct. I did that in the past when I needed some cables for my AX when only the AXi was listed and they pointed me in the right direction.

I believe the HX and HXi are different OEMs so I would assume the cables are not compatible
My OC3D Comp Rig : Parvum S2.5 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K, Corsair H100i GTX, ASUS 980Ti Strix, 16 Gb Corsair Dominator RAM, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 06-11-18, 08:41 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie long View Post
I think BitFenix CSR range are compatible with that PSU
I looked for those but it seems they're not being sold in Denmark anymore, and hard to find in Germany as well. Well at least Caseking will have them in stock by 2nd of January

https://www.caseking.de/en/bitfenix-...-zuad-608.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
best thing to do is email cablemod direct. I did that in the past when I needed some cables for my AX when only the AXi was listed and they pointed me in the right direction.

I believe the HX and HXi are different OEMs so I would assume the cables are not compatible
The Cablemod kits have too few cables in the bundle for HX series because they are meant for the RM / RMx series, same with the Pro kit. Who puts in only 3 PCI-e cables? That makes no sense to me at all.
Old 06-11-18, 10:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Why don't you do custom cables from CableMod? Excellent cables and their customer service is spot on. I've personally ordered some of their ModFlex cables to my old Corsair HX750i and they were spot on.

Here you go to their configurator: https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/
Old 06-11-18, 10:39 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Why don't you do custom cables from CableMod? Excellent cables and their customer service is spot on. I've personally ordered some of their ModFlex cables to my old Corsair HX750i and they were spot on.

Here you go to their configurator: https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/
Way too expensive. Would cost me 239 euros for a full set of cables

Edit: Found and bought the Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 CSR Black cables from Overclockers.uk. They had one left in stock