Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > Introductions

Old 10-08-18, 07:06 PM

I'm back, after an unwanted break

I was posting happily on the forum then about 8 months ago the electrics in my house had a major problem, all fuses blew and a mains wired fire alarm ironically set on fire. Fire damage wasn't so bad but the surge in power caused by dodgy electrical wiring killed my main watercooled pc and NAS. I lost 12tb of storage. Somewhere a long the line the rewire in the house wasn't done so well..
I spent the past few months sorting the house.. Luckily the insurance paid out last week. I'm back now with a new gaming laptop. I'm going to hold off before buying a new rig. I'm looking forward to playing some games again now I'm not trying to sort the house.

Old 10-08-18, 09:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Welcome back, and sorry to hear you have had a rough time. I've been fighting over a water leak from upstairs that has pretty much killed my kitchen

Houses can suck, that's for sure.

Old 11-08-18, 02:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Welcome back dude glad to hear you're ok when all is said and done though,things can be replaced you can't.
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 11-08-18, 11:04 AM

Thanks guys. I'm just glad the fire alarms in the house worked. They made a great job of tearing most the wiring out and replacing it. It was crazy.
On the positive side I just bought a new gaming laptop an acer helios 500. I got it at discount with 4 year warranty for 1700 pounds.
At least none of my kids were hurt and we weren't away. It could have been a lot worse