Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 18-04-14, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoholocaust View Post
That was my main concern when buying, I wanted something suitable for everyday use and safe at low ohms for a little cloud chasing when the mood takes me. been experimenting with a 24gauge 0.3ohm build but generating too much heat for my liking after a couple of pulls.

The trident is pretty good tbf, at least for my needs and experience. It's the v1 clone I've got. Decent sized deck so plenty of room for building. Posts are a little odd, slotted rather than drilled and it's a threaded cap to secure the coil rather than a screw. They've been a little fiddly at times for dual coil builds, especially when the coils decide to ping it off the centre post before you can tighten it down
Airflow isn't bad, largest holes are 2mm on the clone if you don't want to take power tools to it and the stock o-rings seemed quite loose/unsecure on mine. Oh and I didn't really like the supplied driptip.

I also looked at the nimbus (air holes are minuscule and no adjustment so you're stuck with whatever you drill them out to) and the atomic (deck a little too small for a novice builder like me).
Overall though the trident was the best choice for me from what my shop had at the time.
I think i will get a trident because i wanna experiment with ribbon wire coils and the slotted posts will be easier to use with ribbon.
Ive ordered a kayfun clone which was shipped out today so hopefully it'll arrive tuesday/wednesday. Really looking forward to that

Mathius if no one replies before i get home from work ill answer your questions then cause doing this on mobile is a pain

OC3D Overclockers Club Member
No. 038
Old 18-04-14, 12:17 PM
OC3D Crew

cheers, upon searching it ranges from.a couple of days to 2-3 wks all dependant in usage and volts used.

I've been looking at making your own e-liquids and it seems straight forward enough.....I'd be aiming down this route regardless really and making something like a 150ml juice which would last 2 people a fair few weeks....

I've watched a few YT vids from Vape Lovely and all seems good.
Old 18-04-14, 12:51 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
ok, we've just shelled out around £50 for 2 starter kits, what ones I have coming, no clue....but I've looked at the ones at scan etc and now a little confused....

This stuff on ohms and battery type etc does it make a huge difference?

also how long would 30ml of liquid last the average smoker?

cheers fellas..
The starter kits are generally the eGo type of e-cigs consisting of a battery unit and a juice tank. The tank will generally have the wick and coil already assembled inside of it.
Depending on which type of tank you've purchased, the coil and wick assembly can be replaced simply by unscrewing.

Ohms, and the various batteries shouldn't have any bearing on you using a starter kit really. Unless you have a replaceable wick/coil (certain brands you can choose between, I believe, 1.8Ω and 2.1Ω resistance) you shouldn't have to concern yourself with them. Battery-wise, you'll be more interested in mAh ratings for longer battery life than volts/amps etc.

How long the juice will last depends on things like how many cigarettes you smoke, what strength juice you buy etc.

I was smoking 20-25 a day and using 24mg Nic liquid. The tanks on starter kits usually hold around 1.6-2 ml of juice, and I was filling mine every day, sometimes topping up as well. I'd estimate that 30ml would last around 3 weeks, but as with most things, your mileage may vary.

EDIT: I'm a tool, didn't realise the thread was onto a new page

Ryzen 5 2600X -- EVGA GTX 1070 SC -- 16GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200mhz DDR4
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon -- Corsair Force MP300 240GB
Seasonic Focus Gold 750 -- Phanteks P350X

Old 18-04-14, 04:50 PM
OC3D Crew

Ok I managed to track down which kits were bought...... and im thinking if this works well and turns to a long term thing then I'd be planning on getting something more suiting....

This is whats been ordered (no input from me)

...basically to see how we go... and from there if all is good I'll be looking for a decent long term thing....
home brewed juices would eventually be a given
Old 18-04-14, 05:47 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
Ok I managed to track down which kits were bought...... and im thinking if this works well and turns to a long term thing then I'd be planning on getting something more suiting....

This is whats been ordered (no input from me)

...basically to see how we go... and from there if all is good I'll be looking for a decent long term thing....
home brewed juices would eventually be a given
Ah they're the ones that look like actual cigarettes which means you can disregard everything I put in my previous post. That one you linked comes with 5 pre-filled carto's, but I'm not sure how you'd go about refilling them or if it's even possible, i think they intend for you to just buy more pre-filled in your desired flavour.

You'd need something like this for flexibility in mixing your own juices etc.
My local shop does a starter kit of that kind of set-up with a 10ml bottle of juice included for £22, albeit without variable voltage batteries (not needed with those setups IMO)

Old 18-04-14, 05:58 PM
too many shrooms

just ordered a ego spinner 1300mah with some hawaii sunrise juice from liberty flights. then from midlands vaping i have ordered some munki serum, monkey slime and some kanger protank replacement coils.
Old 20-04-14, 01:19 AM
OC3D Crew

I've ordered some Sky Wizard, Black & Blue and Strawberry Jam Tart from vapemunki last night.

Busy day today: Had a play with a few different coils using twisted 28ga Kanthal but unless the battery is fresh off the charger they take too long to get any heat into them for my liking, ended up rebuilding my nano dragon coils with one less wrap, now coming in just over 0.6Ω.

Also popped into town to my local shop and picked up some T-Juice Red Astaire 11mg, Red Astaire concentrate and a bottle of VG from Boots.

Currently mix I'm vaping is about 5ml of ejuice to 10ml of VG with 40 drops of added flavour concentrate. With air holes wide open it has a good, strong flavour on my setup without being overpowering. No bad aftertaste and vapour production is superb.

To quote Rip Trippers, it's "SIKASTITS"

Old 20-04-14, 01:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mathius... with regard to the prefilled cartos you can refill them. there should be some videos on youtube that will show you exactly how mate.

Quote:
Busy day today: Had a play with a few different coils using twisted 28ga Kanthal but unless the battery is fresh off the charger they take too long to get any heat into them for my liking, ended up rebuilding my nano dragon coils with one less wrap, now coming in just over 0.6Ω.
have you tried triple twisted 32ga? i actually prefer it to regular twisted 28. 0.6 is a damn fine vape in my opinion mate. the lowest i can go without burning my throat to pieces is 0.4. thts with 26ga dual coil in my new omega clone. with a 50/50 juice im getting really good flavour, loads of vapour and a real nice warm vape.

Ordered my kayfun lite plus clone too but due to bank holiday ill have to wait till next week to play with it. But im thinking about going for a 1.2/1.3 ohm build on my svd at 15 watts until i can get my hands on a dna 30

OC3D Overclockers Club Member
No. 038
Old 20-04-14, 02:49 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo234 View Post

have you tried triple twisted 32ga? i actually prefer it to regular twisted 28. 0.6 is a damn fine vape in my opinion mate. the lowest i can go without burning my throat to pieces is 0.4. thts with 26ga dual coil in my new omega clone. with a 50/50 juice im getting really good flavour, loads of vapour and a real nice warm vape.

Ordered my kayfun lite plus clone too but due to bank holiday ill have to wait till next week to play with it. But im thinking about going for a 1.2/1.3 ohm build on my svd at 15 watts until i can get my hands on a dna 30
I haven't yet no, only experimented with 28ga and 24ga so far. I'm not keen on coils that take ages to heat up, seem to leave my trident burning hot after a few pulls.
Did have a 28ga super nano dual coil setup (wrapped on a piece of 28ga) for a couple hours at 0.3Ω and wasn't a bad vape. Fired instantly, decent flavour, lots of clouds and not too hot, but redripping every 2/3 pulls is a PITA when you're out and about.

I really like the look of the Omega (looks amazing on a Nemesis) but I've heard the clones aren't very good unless you get the hcigar or tobeco one which has slightly put me off them unless I can be sure of what I'm getting.
I'm waiting to see what my shop is getting in; they've told me they're getting more RDAs in but being very secretive about what they are exactly. Current rumour suggests them having their own brand/range made.

Not sure how I feel about vv/vw mods as I've not really looked into them to be honest. I know next to nothing about them and have never personally tried one. Someone did advise me to get the SVD the day I upgraded but I'd already set my sights on the Nemesis by that point as I knew I'd be wanting to sub-ohm

What I do know is that taking vaping more seriously to quit smoking and "save money" isn't working out quite as I planned, far too much shiny stuff out there to try and tease my wallet open. Got my eye on a Panzer Black Hawk clone when my local gets them in

Old 20-04-14, 09:00 AM
OC3D Crew

ok, got the ecigs yesturday and I got on with it but the wife didn't....they don't produce a lot of vapor.

been looking on vaporized.co.uk, for a few selections with regard flavor.

where is the best place to pick up the supplies for mixing....specifically Nico and flavors ......