Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 25-02-18, 05:16 PM

People will either have an Arai or Shoei shaped head, buy whichever one fits you the best. That's if you are choosing top line stuff, however if another make fits you better buy that, in the past I have had Agv, Ogk, Laser.
A poor fitting expensive helmet will do more damage than a good fitting mid\budget choice.

Alarms are a waste of money, insurance won't even give you a discount if fitted, as people just ignore them.
On a side note rac\aa\greenflag the most calls out after punctures are bikes with failed datatool alarms.
A tracker will work, but are expensive and cost per month for the monitoring service.

You might want to ask Michael Schumacher how well helmet mounted cams work......
One mounted somewhere on the trike will be fine, gopro being the go to choice.
Tomtom have an action cam that is far better than the low cost would suggest.
Muvi are another make I have used, good results from that.

Great quad pic's.

I5 3570k, 8gb Corsair 2133mhz DDR3, Arctic I30, Crucial M4 64gb (os) 250gb Crucial (games), 1TB WD Green, GTX970, IIyama E2409HDS, Black Fractal R3, Yamaha A-S501, Polk tx220 (pair) SW150, Roccat Isku, Corsair M65 rgb.
Old 25-02-18, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

ya im leaning towards open face helmets i do like the NEXX range like this style https://imgur.com/a/msrbL

also the Momo and Beon open face helmets look nice n fancy

as for things like alarms and stuff i reckon a small cheap one might do with an immobilize cos insurance out here will not cover me full or even just 3rd and theft something about they do that for cripples only third party if you disabled

out of 50 companies out here only 2 i have found with a lot of pleading to give me 3rd party the struggle is real lol dam 100 years behind everyone else and they call them self's a European country

a lot of stress to just register it cos no one on the island has ever got one out here before when i tried to explain it and show them pics they thought its some kind or U.F.O
as for cams the bike is pretty shaky dont wana get one thats not cheap and only Michael J Fox will be able to watch it ,thats why i was considering a helmet cam ??

bike for reference https://imgur.com/a/f57o7
Old 25-02-18, 06:44 PM

That needs to be green with red detailing for the full ufo look.

Open face will be ok on that, id still wear goggles though.
If you can arrange it, go to a shop and try some on.

Another consideration with an alarm, is the size of the battery on that, if it retains the scooter battery then any alarm will drain it in a few days.
Perhaps go for some kind of lock\chain, to secure the trike.

If an action cam works on a lean running Harley (like riding an industrial digger), then it can cope with the ufo mobile.
The muvi ones and go pro have rubber mounts to help with the vibes.
I5 3570k, 8gb Corsair 2133mhz DDR3, Arctic I30, Crucial M4 64gb (os) 250gb Crucial (games), 1TB WD Green, GTX970, IIyama E2409HDS, Black Fractal R3, Yamaha A-S501, Polk tx220 (pair) SW150, Roccat Isku, Corsair M65 rgb.
Old 26-02-18, 07:48 AM
too many shrooms

Look at the sena 10c, it's an intercom and camera all rolled into one....had one myself they're a great bit of kit