Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 03-07-19, 07:25 AM
OC3D Crew

It's not a recent purchase, but it is something I've recently built. My housemate bought me a kit to build a bass a few years back. I prepared the body pretty quickly, but the project went on the back burner with life getting in the way, as it does. I finally got the push to finish it a few days ago, so here it is.

Now I just need to learn how to play the thing. I've already got the Feel Good Inc. intro down. It's all up from here.

Old 03-07-19, 09:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
It's not a recent purchase, but it is something I've recently built. My housemate bought me a kit to build a bass a few years back. I prepared the body pretty quickly, but the project went on the back burner with life getting in the way, as it does. I finally got the push to finish it a few days ago, so here it is.

Now I just need to learn how to play the thing. I've already got the Feel Good Inc. intro down. It's all up from here.
Love the colour. Its got that Smoked Green look that the Ibanez EDR470 Ergodyne used to use back in the day. I loved it, as well as the moonsilver.
Old 03-07-19, 07:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah nicely done. My ex ex wife had an Ibanez in blue stain it was gorgeous.

Old 06-07-19, 05:41 PM
Resident Newb

Little custom cover for the bottom of the Corsair 680X, Cleans up the interior nicely

Old 06-07-19, 06:02 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Very cool Dice.

I plan on a chasis change as well. Completely throw out the crappy Entho ITX case I got and switch to the Ncase M1. Just waiting for it to go back into stock.
Old 06-07-19, 06:50 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Very cool Dice.

I plan on a chasis change as well. Completely throw out the crappy Entho ITX case I got and switch to the Ncase M1. Just waiting for it to go back into stock.
Just looked for that M1 case, Looks great !

I did have the Corsair 570X before but there was so little room behind the motherboard tray for cables, Especially if you have Corsair RGB fans, Those come with a metric butt ton of wiring, The 680X is a nice upgrade from my all time fave case the 540 and is very nice to build in, Plus it looks quite posh with it's silver cylindrical feet

Old 06-07-19, 06:57 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Just looked for that M1 case, Looks great !

I did have the Corsair 570X before but there was so little room behind the motherboard tray for cables, Especially if you have Corsair RGB fans, Those come with a metric butt ton of wiring, The 680X is a nice upgrade from my all time fave case the 540 and is very nice to build in, Plus it looks quite posh with it's silver cylindrical feet
I don't keep up with hardware really anymore including cases. So tbh I hardly know what the 570x or even 680x look like but I'll believe you
Yeah I originally wanted the Louqe Ghost S1 but it's super expensive, hardly in stock ever, and from what I hear there are plenty of complaints with customer support and just trying to get simple updates. So definitely not interested anymore.
Plus I already have to buy a SFX PSU for the M1 so really I'm glad I chose the M1 as even with the PSU it's still cheaper and I don't have to buy a new cooler and replace my AIO on top of that. So I save a lot more money and the M1 seems to be one of the best ITX cases for temperatures. Which I have a struggle with now so it's exactly what I wanted. Plus it will have a USB C front header towards the end of rear and that is something I really want. I am tired of waiting for the big case companies on providing updates for those and since there is no ITX cases that are decent from the big comapnies leaves me no choice.
Old 06-07-19, 10:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Little custom cover for the bottom of the Corsair 680X, Cleans up the interior nicely

I’m assuming from the link, that you got it from ColdZero?...

Quote:
Very cool Dice.

Quote:
I don't keep up with hardware really anymore including cases. So tbh I hardly know what the 570x or even 680x look like but I'll believe you
Yeah I originally wanted the Louqe Ghost S1 but it's super expensive, hardly in stock ever, and from what I hear there are plenty of complaints with customer support and just trying to get simple updates. So definitely not interested anymore.
Plus I already have to buy a SFX PSU for the M1 so really I'm glad I chose the M1 as even with the PSU it's still cheaper and I don't have to buy a new cooler and replace my AIO on top of that. So I save a lot more money and the M1 seems to be one of the best ITX cases for temperatures. Which I have a struggle with now so it's exactly what I wanted. Plus it will have a USB C front header towards the end of rear and that is something I really want. I am tired of waiting for the big case companies on providing updates for those and since there is no ITX cases that are decent from the big comapnies leaves me no choice.
Just keep in mind if you’re running high end components, the M1 case itself may/will get very hot. It got so hot that when I touched it, I almost got a burn from it (atleast the top part/section). Hence why I personally changed from it back to ATX, as I realised that temps will never be in an area where I’ll be or feel comfortable. This is coming from someone who has tried most of the small ITX chassis, Corsair 250D, Dan Case A4 SFX, NCASE M1, Cougars ITX case.
Old 08-07-19, 08:59 PM

Found a Ryzen 7 3800x in stock and was able to order! Should be here by Thursday. Still need to decide on RAM and I have heard nothing about the ROG Crosshair VIII Impact board from ASUS.

Old 08-07-19, 09:02 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Nice!!! I am personally waiting on the next gen GPUs from AMD/Nvidia. My 8700k is fine as it is and there aren't any ITX boards I am impressed with so far. So no point in Ryzen and shall wait till something catches my interest.
Should be more than enough for whatever next stuff comes out. Don't want RTX as the value isn't great and no point in getting them for any RTX features. Navi is good but not the performance I wanted from AMD.