Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 21-03-18, 03:04 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
The panel is the same in both the dell and acer and I don't think the dell is worth the 400 buck premium
They all almost have the same panels. But there is still a difference in quality. You can get an A or a B graded panel even if they are the same.

__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 21-03-18, 03:12 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 13,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
They all almost have the same panels. But there is still a difference in quality. You can get an A or a B graded panel even if they are the same.
Generally b-graded panels don't make it into expensive monitors, They get sold of to the likes of Korean ebayers who buy in bulk and then put their own stand, Housing on it etc...
__________________
=Origin-Steam-Uplay-XBLive - Dicehunter=

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 21-03-18, 06:19 AM
tannji tannji is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Since when did you get a new monitor? Haha you’ve started to become like me



There’s also the Acer Predator Z35P and the Dell Alienware AW3418DW, which I absolutely loved. Best monitor I’ve tried and the best looking as well. Had to return it due to the DisplayPort was defective unfortunately. But the first chance I’ll get, I’ll buy it
I had pretty much decided to get the X34p based on Dicehunter's glowing rec, what did you like about the Dell display over the Acer and Asus?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 21-03-18, 12:24 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Since when did you get a new monitor? Haha you’ve started to become like me
Can't believe you are asking Dice that. He's the most undecided pc enthusiast known to man. The guy literally replaces everything every 5mins.

Countdown to next replacement

4:59
4:58
4:57
4:56
4:55
...

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 21-03-18, 01:10 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Since when did you get a new monitor? Haha you’ve started to become like me
It's the other way around young Padawan. You have the master to learn from
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 21-03-18, 06:54 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Generally b-graded panels don't make it into expensive monitors, They get sold of to the likes of Korean ebayers who buy in bulk and then put their own stand, Housing on it etc...
"Generally" isn't the same as never.
Just look at your Asus experience.
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 22-03-18, 10:07 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,717
I'd still get the Samsung, HDR is great, but windows can't handle it in the OS anyway, and what few games exist that support it properly are... few. You don't need 1000 nits 18 inches away from your eyeballs, if you're running your monitor at that level of brightness you'll screw your vision anyway. For the money I reckon it's the best choice, I'm open to viewing OLED stuff, but there's no where I know of to go and view a decent OLED screen here, I'd likely change my mind if I saw one. But of all the screens I've seen, that Samsung is at the top until further notice. The colours and viewing angles (even on a curved screen) are simply divine.
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 22-03-18, 10:10 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 13,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
"Generally" isn't the same as never.
Just look at your Asus experience.
Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I'd still get the Samsung, HDR is great, but windows can't handle it in the OS anyway, and what few games exist that support it properly are... few. You don't need 1000 nits 18 inches away from your eyeballs, if you're running your monitor at that level of brightness you'll screw your vision anyway. For the money I reckon it's the best choice, I'm open to viewing OLED stuff, but there's no where I know of to go and view a decent OLED screen here, I'd likely change my mind if I saw one. But of all the screens I've seen, that Samsung is at the top until further notice. The colours and viewing angles (even on a curved screen) are simply divine.
The Samsung is a great screen having had it but the HDR portion of it is poop, You make a good point about the brightness part but it only has 8 individual lighting zones which is minuscule.
__________________
=Origin-Steam-Uplay-XBLive - Dicehunter=

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 22-03-18, 10:20 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I'd still get the Samsung, HDR is great, but windows can't handle it in the OS anyway, and what few games exist that support it properly are... few. You don't need 1000 nits 18 inches away from your eyeballs, if you're running your monitor at that level of brightness you'll screw your vision anyway. For the money I reckon it's the best choice, I'm open to viewing OLED stuff, but there's no where I know of to go and view a decent OLED screen here, I'd likely change my mind if I saw one. But of all the screens I've seen, that Samsung is at the top until further notice. The colours and viewing angles (even on a curved screen) are simply divine.
OLED is still better atm. It's basically already HDR but you don't get the "fake" her we have now. Even if it's not 1000nits and unneeded it's still not hitting the mark for other HDR areas.
That said there's basically no OLED or HDR yet for monitors.
IPS and curved is basically the best we got now
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 23-03-18, 12:08 AM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
OLED is still better atm. It's basically already HDR but you don't get the "fake" her we have now. Even if it's not 1000nits and unneeded it's still not hitting the mark for other HDR areas.
That said there's basically no OLED or HDR yet for monitors.
IPS and curved is basically the best we got now
I wouldn't buy oled even if it was out now they suffer burn in TV's I'd hate to see how bad they burn in monitor size, don't get me wrong they look amazing but until that issue is gone I wouldn't go near them, and I've seen just how bad they burn it's bloody terrible
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.