Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 09-02-17, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Got the new screen today and installed it on my VESA gas-lift arm. Pretty damn awesome screen, I'm already in love with it! Unfortunately it has a single dead pixel in the lower left corner, but I don't believe it's going to cause any annoyance for me, so I'll keep the screen.

Here's a few pics:

Old 09-02-17, 10:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Nice one man

Shame about the pixel. Seems HP have QC issues because my first screen arrived with a gouge in the bottom right corner. Second one was perfect though.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 09-02-17, 08:38 PM
OC3D Elite

I love your desk.

32" seems a good size for a monitor as long as it's at least 1440 - I've seen a few 1080 panels that size and it's like watching an old analogue tv. Fuzzy.

I have some things coming up and I'll be moving again to somewhere I can have a dedicated sim rig set up. 3x32s may be a good way to go and will cost about as much as a VIVE so well worth considering. Mind you I'm struggling to push 5760*1080 at full fat graphics settings atm.

Old 09-02-17, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
I love your desk.

32" seems a good size for a monitor as long as it's at least 1440 - I've seen a few 1080 panels that size and it's like watching an old analogue tv. Fuzzy.

I have some things coming up and I'll be moving again to somewhere I can have a dedicated sim rig set up. 3x32s may be a good way to go and will cost about as much as a VIVE so well worth considering. Mind you I'm struggling to push 5760*1080 at full fat graphics settings atm.
Thank you =)

Wouldn't you be better off with a 21:9 monitor? HP is coming out with a new one called Omen X which is a 35" screen 100Hz 3440x1440p and supports G-Sync as well.
Old 09-02-17, 09:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Thank you =)

Wouldn't you be better off with a 21:9 monitor? HP is coming out with a new one called Omen X which is a 35" screen 100Hz 3440x1440p and supports G-Sync as well.
Oh yes I want to go single 34" for my desktop. I'm planning on getting an aluminium racing/flight sim chassis which will have it's own monitors and dedicated PC. A single 34" would work well there too but I love the surround effect.

Old 10-02-17, 01:25 AM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Got the new screen today and installed it on my VESA gas-lift arm. Pretty damn awesome screen, I'm already in love with it! Unfortunately it has a single dead pixel in the lower left corner, but I don't believe it's going to cause any annoyance for me, so I'll keep the screen.
go to http://www.jscreenfix.com/ and leave the fixer running over the dead pixel for an hour or so. I had a bad pixel on my Iiyama display, fixed it nicely for a while, then came back. Rinsed and repeated and has been good since (almost a year later)
Old 10-02-17, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilbane View Post
go to http://www.jscreenfix.com/ and leave the fixer running over the dead pixel for an hour or so. I had a bad pixel on my Iiyama display, fixed it nicely for a while, then came back. Rinsed and repeated and has been good since (almost a year later)
That didn't help. The pixel is still dead. But it was worth a try, thank you for the suggestion. I still don't really notice it though, so I'm not so worried about it.