Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 23-08-13, 01:04 PM

Zanc's Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 build

Hello everybody!

After working my whole summer vacation, I was finally able to build a new PC and give my old one to my brother.

Parts:
Intel core i5 4670K at 3.4GHz for now, cooled by Corsair H100i (BitFenix Spectre PRO)
MSI Z87-G45 GAMING
MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC
Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB 1600MHz
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB (OS)
Corsair AX760
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Case cooling Corsair AF140

The rig

Before painting HD bay and the empty pci-e slot covers

After adding the touch of paint.

I am no photographer and after going through the pictures all of them were pretty much from the same angle so my apologies!

I am very satisfied how this rig turned out, I'm sure it will serve me well in the future! All tips and criticism are welcome

There might be some typos and/or faults somewhere, posting this in a fever so please say if you find anything!

Cheers, Zanc!

Old 23-08-13, 03:23 PM

I'd put the HDD in the 5.25" and remove the cage Actualy I want to do it in my case, but I can't find something that ca hold 2x 3.5" HDDs at the same time, and the SSD is easy, you can slap it prety much anywhere Anyways, I DO like the looks and I wish mine was looking that good.
Old 23-08-13, 03:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
nice build dude, some great components you've put together. I us say though it looks like the airflow could be better. remember that your gpu is most likely venting air up into the case along with the AF in the bottom and you've got the bitfenix spectre pros pulling in so theyre working against eachother.

maybe try putting the HDDs in the bays and then moving the bottom AF to the front and the spectres pulling air out of the case?
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 23-08-13, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
nice build dude, some great components you've put together. I us say though it looks like the airflow could be better. remember that your gpu is most likely venting air up into the case along with the AF in the bottom and you've got the bitfenix spectre pros pulling in so theyre working against eachother.

maybe try putting the HDDs in the bays and then moving the bottom AF to the front and the spectres pulling air out of the case?
There are 2 fans in front pulling air in, and you are right, i have to turn the fans around on the radiator (hot air goes up, dumb me). Noticed the mistake pretty much after putting the components together, and I couldn't be assed to start tinkering again. But no worries, I will fix that before i "drive" the rig in!
Old 23-08-13, 03:52 PM
too many shrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post

for this
Old 23-08-13, 04:57 PM

Awesome build.

I especially like the fans attached to the CPU Cooler; I don't see those too often. It's always either some Noctua fans or Corsair fans.
Old 23-08-13, 06:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanc View Post
There are 2 fans in front pulling air in, and you are right, i have to turn the fans around on the radiator (hot air goes up, dumb me). Noticed the mistake pretty much after putting the components together, and I couldn't be assed to start tinkering again. But no worries, I will fix that before i "drive" the rig in!
Ah ok, I didn't realise you had front fans coz I couldn't see them. In that case as you say, just flip the spectre pros round and you should be ship shape!

great build!
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 28-08-13, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit View Post
Awesome build.

I especially like the fans attached to the CPU Cooler; I don't see those too often. It's always either some Noctua fans or Corsair fans.
I chose them to add some red glow into the case and give a nice touch
Old 28-08-13, 01:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks nice, pretty clean! Proper colour co-ordination too!

Your PSU is upside down though

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 03-09-16, 09:26 PM

R2 midi with 1080 hybrid

Hi,
I dont know if Anyone hère could help me but im going to buy a msi 1080 seahawk or the gigabyte, one with the watercooler. I own a fractal r2 midi case and i got installed corsair h100i this week to cool my CPU, the radiator were a bit tight to fit but its installed and could only go one way the radiator waterpipes are near the back of the case. im worried that i wont be able to fit the radiator of the GPU. Does anyone know if the (msi or gigabyte) waterpipes can reach the front? I know ill néed the reposition the hard drive cage its not that of a big deal. Its just to make sûre because in case it wont fit in the back of the case. My case water compatibility in the back is 120mm slim and in front i can put 2x120mm thick and slim. I would appreciate àny help, thankx