Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 16-07-17, 05:43 PM

Just an update. I got given a h110i gtx Corsair 280 AIO with the awful stock fans in exchange for some spare fittings i had and an old rad. I am still waiting for the fractal design celcius 360.
I tried the h110i gtx with a couple of noctua redux fans after the corsair stock wind turbines. It was pretty underwhelmed by the AIO I guess thats because im used the temps and voltages that are possible under water but at 4.5/4.6 at 1.265 v it only hits 68c with two fans in pull configuration.
Im interested to see what the temps are going to look like on the 360 and how quiet i can run the system

Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old 17-07-17, 10:02 AM
The Guvnor

Thing you need to remember is the Corsair fans are loud but they are also capable of silly RPM

You just need to set them up or get some ML fans but you wont tame a major OC without spinning some fans dude

When I test max OC's for the reviews (cpu and mobo) my fans are normally on 100%

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 17-07-17, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Thing you need to remember is the Corsair fans are loud but they are also capable of silly RPM

You just need to set them up or get some ML fans but you wont tame a major OC without spinning some fans dude

When I test max OC's for the reviews (cpu and mobo) my fans are normally on 100%
I know. Your right. I think i just needed to lessen my expectations and a bit of a reality check. I am used to running fans at very low RPM and lots of rad space. In quiet mode the corsair stock fans are not so bad. I loaded the corsair software on and created a manual fan curve. I ordered some more Noiseblocker eloop fans so im going to try them on the AIO when they arrive.
On the positive side the mrs asked how much an AIO was and new fans and then straight away asked if it wasnt worth buying an EK kit. Now I just need to teach how to maintain a loop and i will be sorted
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old 17-07-17, 07:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcorp View Post
On the positive side the mrs asked how much an AIO was and new fans and then straight away asked if it wasnt worth buying an EK kit. Now I just need to teach how to maintain a loop and i will be sorted
If you use the correct coolant, tubing and components it takes very little. I built my first loop about a year ago and I still haven't had to touch it. Second loop was built last October, haven't had to touch that either.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 17-07-17, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
If you use the correct coolant, tubing and components it takes very little. I built my first loop about a year ago and I still haven't had to touch it. Second loop was built last October, haven't had to touch that either.
It doesnt take too much to maintain. I know. I want my back up system to be hassle free and always working hence why I have been looking at aio coolers. I don't want to be in a position where there is a problem with it and I'm not able to fix it due to health problems. My Mrs is arguing I should just have one extreme rig. If I could get her to help with the maintenance and building I would. I would probably be tempted by the threadripper
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old 17-07-17, 09:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcorp View Post
It doesnt take too much to maintain. I know. I want my back up system to be hassle free and always working hence why I have been looking at aio coolers. I don't want to be in a position where there is a problem with it and I'm not able to fix it due to health problems. My Mrs is arguing I should just have one extreme rig. If I could get her to help with the maintenance and building I would. I would probably be tempted by the threadripper
TBH with the reliability with modern computer components being as bad as it is I would not just have one rig. Not again.

I went down that road and spunked £3500 down the toilet on an extreme rig once. Spent nearly £300 on a motherboard and it died within 11 months and MSI were not making it any more and could not replace it. I ended up taking a GTX 970, I wasn't pleased.

Since then I have built three rigs. Sounds stupid right? last week I was down to one. One rig was apart having maintenance done and a GPU replacement and then another one had a pump controller failure and then when I fixed that the SSD went home.

So yeah, for five days I was down to one.. Not good, especially as it's very old and runs Ubuntu, so I could not game with my chum. Now I'm going nuts because the daily rig that still needs fixing has all of my WAV rips on it

I've got music on my gaming rig but nowhere near as much.

I'm actually looking at buying another rig soon as well lol.

Old 18-07-17, 08:33 PM

I tested the h1100i gtx with a couple of eloops today and wow what a difference. I got the PWM 1200rpm eloops and at full speed can barely hear them. My overclocked temps are now well under control.

AlienALX these eloops are a gamechanger for me thanks a lot for the suggestion. I have installed them on two rads, on the AIO and will change out all the case fans for all black ones.
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old 18-07-17, 10:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Amazeballs

Yeah, they are fantastic fans. I've been through an awful lot, barring Vardars, and they are the best out of the lot for cooling/noise ratio.